bv site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bv site

I deleted soholaunch but it still shows up in the browser (www.hawaiionyourown.com) I have published bv again. I haven't found a way to upload files other than publish. I am sure my ignorance is showing. Perhaps someone could enlighten me? I just want to move forward and get this site up. Thanks ahead of time for all your help. You guys & gals have been great!
    www.hawaiionyourown.com

Re: bv site

Hi Scuba,
    You can upload files via FTP MANAGER in your TOOLs section of BV menu....BUT you must publish .bvp files to make them .html files (I've been told that must be done.) I think all other things like images can be transfered quite easily with FTP but be sure to double check that ALL files and subfolders have transferred. Shout if you need anything else.
    Beezz
    sigpic

http://www.bzzybeezwordz.blogspot.com

Comment

Thank you so much!
      www.hawaiionyourown.com

Comment

I am receiving a 530 authentication failed error message. What does that mean and what can I do about it?
        www.hawaiionyourown.com

Comment

Using the FTP tool is not the "catch-all" solution, and was never intended to be....it is to effective upload files that BV cannot, and to manage certain file types (as encountered when making email Forms, for instance ".txt" and ".php") ONLY!

BV created pages should always be "Published" via BV - always - never "uploaded" instead. This allows the CSS formatting to establish proper files to "present" and eliminates the possibility of partil corruption due to an incomplete or improper "transfer."

If using FTP, you should also keep in mind is it best to use the COPY TO method reather than the simplified "drag-and-drop" method so many of us rush to take advantage of. Too many reasons to explain why, but simply stick to COPY TO and you should be fine.

Cutting corners without knowing how properly or why will always create more problems than if following established methods and protocols.
          . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
          * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Here is a List of Error Messages to help you figure out what is going on: http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/new...ht=errors+list

PUBLISH BLUE VODA pages and files VIA BLUE VODA - "Publisher".
            FTP other files, folders, and items via BlueFTP when necessary....NOT as a common "tool"

Comment

I have tried to publish bv files. But all that is shown in browser is the soholaunch. I have deleted soholaunch but it still shows in the browser under www.hawaiionyourown.com. I don't know how to stop soholaunch from taking presendence over bv files. I am open to all help....
              www.hawaiionyourown.com

Comment

OK...here we go....(let's try to keep to this single thread!)
                TRY "REFRESHING" YOUR BROWSER

Please confirm/verify:
                1. You want a BV "front-end" to your Soho cart
                2. You have properly installed Soho into it's own "directory" within the public_html/ primary directory
                3. You have re-published BV pages to you public_html/ directory, as they were wiped during installation of Soho
                4. When you re-published, you published your index page
                5. You know how to properly operate Blue FTP and can copy/paste onto Word lists of content to share>email to me to see where you are at?

Please respond by number....LOL

Comment

Soholaunch should be uninstalled through Fantastico, not deleted, as, when installed in the public_html folder, it will leave some files and settings behind even after the deletion.

Now, if publishing your BV index page doesn't solve your problem, please submit a support ticket and ask for a complete reset of your account, which will get your account to the point where it was before you started working with it at all. Then, publish your BV pages.
                  Navaldesign
                  Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
                  Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                  DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                  Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

CiCi...I emailed you in reply, but was rejected by your RoadRunner ISP...

----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors ----- <cici8@hawaii.rr.com>
                    (reason: 550 5.1.1 unknown or illegal alias: cici8@hawaii.rr.com)
                    ----- Transcript of session follows -----
                    ... while talking to ms-mta-02-fn.socal.rr.com.:
                    >>> DATA
                    <<< 550 5.1.1 unknown or illegal alias: cici8@hawaii.rr.com
                    550 5.1.1 <cici8@hawaii.rr.com>... User unknown
                    <<< 554 5.5.0 No recipients have been specified.

Any other suggestions? MAYBE ADD ME TO YOUR ADDRESS BOOK???
                    NAVAL: I have a complete solution for her, prepared and ready to go....If we can get it to her, would you mind modifying this thread id she needs to post an alternate email, Parakalo??

Comment

Hi, I did uninstall soholaunch. I don't use road runner anymore. I am using hawaiionyourown******.com. Sorry, I should have told you. I have republished but to no avail. But now the browser at least says that it cannot show the website. Soholaunch is not showing up anymore. I don't understand why my ftp won't connect. I await for the leaders to guider forward in my quest.
                      www.hawaiionyourown.com

Comment

There is still an "index.html" page on your site which shows normally. The strange thing is that this page seems to be made by Soho. Please, connect to your site either through FTP or using CP / File Manager. Delete the index.html page and then publish the index page that you have prepared through BV.
                        Navaldesign
                        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Found your problem: click on http://www.hawaiionyourown.com/Index.html You have published your index page as "Index". Open it in BV and save it on your computer as "index" all lowercase letters, the publish it again. When you try to check it, refresh your browswer by pressing F5 sometimes.
                          Navaldesign

Comment

You are so smart! Thank you! My site is up. But on the index page somehow I have place everything in boxes. It doesn't on the webpage but I would like to get rid of them any way. Do you know how? Also, for some reason my heading is in white. I don';t know why. Any suggestions?
                            www.hawaiionyourown.com

Comment

These are not boxes, they are images that you have used as background. Just delete them. As for the white background of your header, you have set the background to be white. Highlight the text, click on text Background, then Reset Background. If this doesn't work (it doesn't some times) delete the header and build it from scratch.
                              Navaldesign

Comment

Working...
                              X