Addidg a "Home" button in phpBB2 site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Addidg a "Home" button in phpBB2 site

DOes anyone know if it is possible to add buttons in the phpBB2 software that gives the user a way back o the home page or nywhere else for that matter. Having to use the back arrow key seems sloppy.

Thanx

Re: Addidg a "Home" button in phpBB2 site

Only way i can think of is design a button then link to it within the code. If you post the section of the code where you want it to appear we maybe able to help further
    Arcade Ninja - Free Flash Arcade
    FreeGadget4me.Com - Learn how to get free gadgets delivered direct to your door for free

Comment

Originally posted by kenhansen
      DOes anyone know if it is possible to add buttons in the phpBB2 software that gives the user a way back o the home page or nywhere else for that matter. Having to use the back arrow key seems sloppy.

Thanx
      Hi Kenhansen if are using phpbb, in most skins the file you will want to change is overall_header.tpl.

Comment

Originally posted by Aliens Anonymous
        Hi Kenhansen if are using phpbb, in most skins the file you will want to change is overall_header.tpl.
        How do you edit .TPL files ?

Comment

First download two copies of the file you want to edit on to your computer in to different folders were you can find them. one is used as a back up, the other you will edit. you can open these file by useing notepad or notepad2 or any good code editer. edite the file then useing the copy button in your ftp manager copy the file back .

Comment

Originally posted by Aliens Anonymous
            First download two copies of the file you want to edit on to your computer in to different folders were you can find them. one is used as a back up, the other you will edit. you can open these file by useing notepad or notepad2 or any good code editer. edite the file then useing the copy button in your ftp manager copy the file back .
            Thank you..I looked at it with notepad and I went OMG..so I opened it with Dreamweaver 8 and it looks how I am used to seeing the code...Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
            X