Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ooooh... I just redid parts of my site...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ooooh... I just redid parts of my site...

Okay, check it out! I added movies, took of some google ads, basically changed it all!!! Woot Woot! What do you think? Also, I am auctioning off a piece of my website (a 468x60 chunk) on ebay. Please, help me out by bidding. :) Auction ends like tomorrow sometime. (you can find a link to the auction at the bottom of my page, it will say "your ad here".)

Re: Ooooh... I just redid parts of my site...

howdy the first time i looked at your site there was a scroll bar at the bottom of the page. now the page seems to be the same size but without the scrollbar at the bottom. so i can only see like 75% of you site.
    What size did you have your display settings set at when you built your site?
    www.thegreateight.net

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good.

Comment

Oh, I built it at like 1000 width... What is your screen resolution?

Comment

Should I make like an extra page that is for smaller screen resolutions? And have a link on the home page that says click here to view this site in these dimensions?

Comment

when i first built my site they were set to 1024 x 768. after looking at my site on other computers i had a horizontal scrollbar.
          change you display settings to the smallest size, 800 x 600. this will allow you to see your site in the most common display settings.
          I try to stick with 800px when creating pages. the page length really dont matter. most people dont mind scrolling down.
          As far as the link to a smaller page, im not sure. I would think that it would view the same....i could be wrong.
          Did you click center in browser on your page properties?
          www.thegreateight.net

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good.

Comment

yes, I clicked that... I have a huge nav bar though, making it close to impossible to make my page any smaller...

Comment

I can't see all your links but have you considered combining links or breaking them up into different, um sections, or places. or maybe a different style altogether.
              what you have is nice, but needs to be a tad bit smaller
              www.thegreateight.net

Comment

Hi there,
                Love the new colour backgrond and in general the site looks much more user friendly now! The grey tect on the About Us page is really hard to read against the nice new background colour!
                I couldn't see any "Your ad here" link at the bottom of the home page, and there seems to be an overlap with the search box and a link to Bluevoda website showcase.
                A last thought - I have been using the internet for several years and only found out what a marquee was last week through building my own site...other users may wonder what "click the marquee" means!
                Helga

www.compasslandscapes.com

Comment

you need to center your pages and work within the 800 width, that everyone seems to be mentioning to you. You accomplish the opposite of what you are intending to do, by leaving your width at I don't know 1100 or so.
                  Choco777
                  www.mayatabasco.com

Comment

I am workin' on making it 800 width, but it will be a while. My ebay auction went through!!! Someone bought adspace for $9.99 W00t w00t. :)

Comment

It looks good but the background is too dark. Lighten it up and everything else can be read easier.
                      www.hawaiionyourown.com

Comment

okay dokey! :)

Comment

Working...
                        X