Question about Voda host readarding PhP MySql

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about Voda host readarding PhP MySql

There is a software package I am considering on purchasing but before I do I need to know a couple questions:

1.MySQL2PHPMagic only reads your database definition and then creates an PHPMagic project file. You then open this file in PHPMagic and generate the PHP application and upload it to your website. The PHP application will not need any setup since the database is already in place. It will see the tables of the database and any data stored in them. It essentially connects as if I were to give someone a password and access to do the same its just a program instead of a person. It just extracts the definitons really

Im considering buying this software but it requires a remote connection. Im pretty sure I can as I can make any number of MySQL databases with my Voda Host package and as far as I know if I knew how to maniuplate database definitons myself.

Is this acceptable by VodaHost?

Re: Question about Voda host readarding PhP MySql

Should be OK

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Not sure if I can post a link here or not if not im sorry but this is the program.
      http://www.websitedatabases.com/

This program seems awesome if I can use it as intended with Voda host
      Essentially it works the same way as PhPadmin works it essentially brings MySQL info and makes it user friendly in a browser nased application for those who may not now how to program like me. But its application and poweer seems great.

It has a free trial version to test run

The only other thing I can think of and I cant seem to find info about it is in CP when ya go to MYSQL you can add users and whatnot.

But thee is an area that say connections local host then underneath is a box that syas exceptions % may be used as a wildcard? Is this an area you need to let say someone else access one of my SQL databases and add info by me giving them a pword and username or no?

Help would be greatly appreciated if possible.

Comment

This, as well as other similar programs, requires a remote connection to the database, which is not allowed by VH as well as most of the other hosters. Your alternative would be to create an Apache Server / PHP / MySQL envoroment on your PC, work on local computer server, and then import your tables in your web database. Not very easy things if you don't know what you are doing.

Also please note that all of these programs leave little or no space to the template customization to suit your needs.
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Hello ,
          I have build my site almost finish, but i would like to have a side call B2B where users can register, post tarde leads and manage they leads and serch betveen trade leads , there is simular site www.alibaba.com.
          which program can i use to set this. I hope make B2B portal is not against VH Tos.
          Thanks in advance

Comment

There is no problem with a B2B portal. However, check the script requirements before you purchase it and check them with the VodaHost servers features.
            Navaldesign
            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

check out the below....

A+ B2B Trading Marketplace Script. 100% FREE installation. 255+ Features. 12,000+ clients. Know Why its best? [DOWNLOAD B2B Trading Marketplace Script]

VodaHost

Your Website People!
              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Thanks for boot of you for your prompt reply.
                I have checked the site and i think is really that i was looking for , so thanks again. I have question , as i am really learner , this is my website that i have build already (not yet finished ) www.lunaworldtrade.com
                you think usually this scripts have to be fixed in the index of the site, as my index page is already in use. I would not like to lost the job that i did til now.or there is other opportunity, or i need to ask the script providers about that?
                thanks

Comment

This is up to you, you can have it anyway you like.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                  291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Ok, thanks,
                    can you just tell me please if anybody have experience about the company that you proposed, as sometimes in the net is possible to read bad things, how is they script , it is working well, anybody use before?

Just want to be sure before purshasing

Comment

Originally posted by navaldesign
                      This, as well as other similar programs, requires a remote connection to the database, which is not allowed by VH as well as most of the other hosters.
                      Naval,
                      Could you explain this further? I am looking into designing a web based application for a client and using the MySql database of VH. Is this not allowed? I couldn't load the application on VH server to be accessed?
                      Thanks.
                      Ernie
                      Ernie
                      www.lightningdesign.com

Comment

The scripts like the one you are reffering to, require a remote connection (from your computer to the VH MySQL server) OR, a local connection (if you have installed an Apache server, PHP and MySQL enviroment on your own computer). If you can install this enviroment on your own computer, then the whole application is created and tested loccaly, then when ready you just change some configuarion info (DB name, username and password) and you simply upload the files on your client's site. If, instead you cannot install this enviroment on your computer, the script will require to remotely connect to the database, before you can go on creating any application. But VH, as well as most of the known hosters, does not allow remote connections, for security reasons.

Please note that ALL commercial applications are being developed on local computer level.
                        Navaldesign

Comment

Thanks, naval for the reply. Yes, I do have all that stuff. I write desktop apps and am wanting to get into the web based apps. So I do all the developement/testing locally before uploading the scripts. Just sounded like I couldn't use VH as a server/host to run the web application for the client. Thanks for clarifying.
                          Ernie
                          Ernie
                          www.lightningdesign.com

Comment

Originally posted by lunatrade
                            Ok, thanks,
                            can you just tell me please if anybody have experience about the company that you proposed, as sometimes in the net is possible to read bad things, how is they script , it is working well, anybody use before?

Just want to be sure before purshasing
                            To be honest, I really don't know and can't vouch for it, I suggest you play
                            with the demo and do a bit of research for you buy it. I am pretty sure that
                            you will also find other similar scripts around.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Working...
                            X