how to reinstall windows?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to reinstall windows?

i am advised that if your computers is attacked by viruses the best way is to reinstall everything does anyone know how to do this?

Re: how to reinstall windows?

That is not entirely true. It depends on the level of *********.

What is happening that makes you want to re-install windows?
    How old is the computer?
    What OS are you using?
    What antivirus?

What steps have you taken thus far to fix the problem?

Andy
    PHP- is a blast!

Comment

God, if I re-istalled everything every time my PC caught a virus I would be just doing that all day and all night.. I had more viruses on my pc than you can find at a Biological weapons labratory..

As my friend Andy said, hang 5, and answer those questions because he might have a solution for you before you go doing all that hard work.

Comment

i have adware popping out whenever i surf the net my computer is 6 years old I am using windows XP home in my country there have been several cases of users being charged huge bills due to malicious viruses that dials to a foreign ISP provider. As a result they are faced with bills running up to thousands of dollars. A few thousand people were victimized so I guess the rest of us are pretty afraid. reinstalling windows normally costs usd 15 and it ensures viruses r out of our system. I just have having to carry my heavy PC to the computer stire everytime I have to do this. I was wondering if I can do it on my own.

Comment

Rina, in theory it is easy in reality not so simple. Make a back-up of all your files and data.

Try other Spyware and anti-virus programs before you reinstall, it could be that you will save time and money.

By the way, what country?
          Bill
          www.blueearthtea.com
          www.ftaaconsulting.com
          www.iaval.com
          www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

I am from malaysia. I am in the process of developing my first web site and I am hoping for some assistance. I back up the files and then what next

Comment

I am from malaysia. WE don't have much ISPs to choose because of the strict laws imposed by the government can you give me the steps to do this or a webpage that I can refer to?

Comment

I am thinking it would be easier to have it done for the USD 15. There is alot to do and know while doing a correct installation of Windows. I just did one the other day and it took nearly 4 hours. While this inlcuded installing several programs (Antivirus, Clean-up, Spyblaster, Java Runtime enviroment, Adobe 7, and a couple others) just the OS and all the updates were a solid 2 hours! Additionally- there were conflicks with the old hardware and drivers. I had to download drivers from the MFG etc...

It is more instruction than I could possibly devote time to writing down.
                Despite my desire to help- it is a drawn out process. If you are determined to do it yourself- google is your best freind as far as gathering the right info and tools for the job.

For some one not experienced with computers and programs to remove trojans and such- a re-install is best.

Good luck.

Andy
                PHP- is a blast!

Comment

4 hours? i think i'll go with your advice have someone do it for usd15 thot it will take only half an hour or so. thanks anyway.

Comment

If you can afford the money, install a second hard disc on your computer. Next time you get your hard disk formatted and all these programmes installed, BEFORE you do anything else, take a ghost copy of your hard disc, and ceate also a system disc. Next time you have the same problem, you can install all the necessary (OS, programmes etc) from the ghost disk. Make sure to backup also all your files before you format the disc, so you can restore them.
                    Navaldesign
                    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
                    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

yes thanks you so much for the help. I am doing all these things it really helps a lot. i've only been here three days and i learnt so much already from the answers tutorials and previous postings. May God bless you kind-hearted people. i didn't know where to ask for help before.

Comment

or, to keep from losing your files, create another partition on your hard drive, and install windows on it. Have all of you files on the other partition. That way, when you reinstall windows, all of your files won't get knocked out. (*shudder*)

Comment

Hello From Gary(a.k.a. Shabu),

I do not think you need to reinstall windows,just get yourself a decent Firewall,and antivirus.
                          In the case that you desperately want to reinstall windows,I can send you an email with all you have to do,but please,only reinstall in the most dire circumstances.
                          Thankyou,
                          Gary.

Comment

hi gary

if you could send me an email or a weblink that i can learn how to reinstall my windows i would greatly appreciate it. I just hate having to carry my pc to the computer store everytime i need to do it :)

Comment

hey i caught a virus on my PC damn now i have to reinstall my windows again. There is an outside system trying to access my PC I have installed norton but seems that somehow it doesn't fix the prob.

Comment

Working...
                              X