scripts checked in browser?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• scripts checked in browser?

1- there are many scripts available, is there a list of scripts that bluevoda users installed successfully or always failed?
    2- is there samples of websites where they installed a lot or even a few scripts?
    3- can we check if they work before publishing?
    4- if they need a database, is it possible to connect databases together for looking for info, searches.
    5- how do you tell a search button to search in all or only a few databases?
    6- if I insert a box for a script and copy and paste one, do i have to do the same I would do if i was to create a new page to install a new script?
    and that is going to file manager and create a subfolder of public html or index.html?
    7- can you recommend a news aggregator that would allow to extract news without having to subscribe and have the news changing automatically and sent to 4/5 websites. What type of boxes should I insert in any pages to get news there.
    8- I would like to do the same with content and images or video can you recommend anything that has been tried successfully with BV?
    thank you and Have a nice sunday...

Re: scripts checked in browser?

Originally posted by smitone
    1- there are many scripts available, is there a list of scripts that bluevoda users installed successfully or always failed?

They ALL work. CPanel only implements working scripts.

2- is there samples of websites where they installed a lot or even a few scripts?

Yes, but each user uses a different script. I use phpFormgenerator, Coppermine and phpBB forum. Others use Soholaunch, OS commerce, I have used in the past the php support.

3- can we check if they work before publishing?

Beleive me, they work. You can install to see for your self, and uninstall if you don't like them.

4- if they need a database, is it possible to connect databases together for looking for info, searches.

No, each script creates it's own. However, you work with all these databases using php Myadmin

5- how do you tell a search button to search in all or only a few databases?

In phpMyadmin you first select the database to work with, from a dropdown list that includes all your databases, then you can querry, so it's automatic.

6- if I insert a box for a script and copy and paste one, do i have to do the same I would do if i was to create a new page to install a new script?
    and that is going to file manager and create a subfolder of public html or index.html?

If you mean the scripts available through Fantastico, they are autoinstalable. If you mean various scripts on the net or in this very forum, each script has it's own installation or implementation instructions.

7- can you recommend a news aggregator that would allow to extract news without having to subscribe and have the news changing automatically and sent to 4/5 websites. What type of boxes should I insert in any pages to get news there.

You need a rss feed script. Search the internet to find one. They come with instructions. However the news source might require subscription. As to sending in 4 - 5 websites, what do you mean?

8- I would like to do the same with content and images or video can you recommend anything that has been tried successfully with BV?
    thank you and Have a nice sunday....

Explain what you mean
    Please note that VH provides top quality hosting. So, a script's good functioning is NOT a VH issue, but depends on the script requirements and the features offered by VodaHost. Please check, the script requirements to see if it is compattible with VH servers.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

I meant Some scripts will allow you to edit any file in all your websites at once and even time when you want the changes to be made and even send files to your weekly newsletter. I wonder if you know of any or could it be done with any Fantastico.
      I was also talking about inserting a script box, it could be very small box like a calendar or a colorpicker, how do I know they work, do I have to publish? is publishing a long task, can you unpublish easily?

Comment

1. No, i don't know of any script that will do what you ask.
        2. Depends on how these scripts work. If the call some time or date functions that are only available through the server, then yes, you need to publish. Publishing is quite ease and unpublishing also. Just delete the page file from your site.
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
        X