Updating website Info?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Updating website Info?

How long does it take to update details on my website after publishing?

Re: Updating website Info?

Changes should occur immediately but if you only just bought the domain and it is the first time that you have published the site then some refreshing time maybe required. upto 24 hours but I dont think it will actually take that long.

:)

FPRULES

Comment

If you aren't seeing the update immediately after you publish - click to refresh the page - your computer is probably showing the page it saved in it's cache.
      Beth
      A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
      SEO - The Basics

Comment

It only appears to be a couple pages that aren't updating, the others have been updated with no problems, I have clicked the refresh button but still nothing, I've republish several times still with no joy

Comment

Can you provide the url so we can have a look?

Comment

www.ittakesthebiscuit.co.uk

its the order info page that won't update, also I have removed all the photo's from the bottom of all the pages except the homepage yet they are still showing!

Comment

I appear to be having the same problem. There is a photo I wanted changed on the services html but even when I went to the Cpanel File folder and deleted the old services html from the public folder as well as the photo (it is no longer there) and re-published the services page several times, the same services page still shows the old photo when I check on the URL - even from another computer. The URL is www.felsconsultants.biz

Comment

Originally posted by It Takes The Biscuit
                www.ittakesthebiscuit.co.uk

its the order info page that won't update, also I have removed all the photo's from the bottom of all the pages except the homepage yet they are still showing!
                Home page apart, the other pages don't have any pics, so i guess they have been succesfully updated. It must be a cache problem on your side.
                Navaldesign
                Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
                Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

For testing purposes, both of you add the date and time of the last update at the bottom of your pages and publish again, so we can have a look and tell you if the page has indeed been updated. This way we can see if it actually is a cache problem on your side or a failed publishing.
                  Navaldesign
                  Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                  DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                  Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

I have attached time and date and started republishing page at about 1243Hrs GMT.

Comment

Originally posted by kyagulanyi
                      I have attached time and date and started republishing page at about 1243Hrs GMT.
                      I can see the date in your services page, (not time just date) in red, even though it is under your lower menubar. But i think that is the date of the picture. If i'm correct, then there is no date and time in your Services page. If BV gives you a "Succesfully Published" message, then check WHERE you are publishing.
                      Navaldesign

Comment

That is a photo date. I tried to republish the index page with the nav bar button for services changed to point to services_clone page which I wanted to publish, but did not see any change on the index page after publishing.Could be like you said a publishing problem?

Where I am publishing? I am using the stored everything password and username. But let me check all the same.

Comment

I am using the data from the welcome e-mail which worked fine before.

Comment

And also to public_html

Comment

You have not mentioned if you get the "Succesfully Published" message
                              Navaldesign

Comment

Working...
                              X