Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maybe Im getting ahead of myself??

Hi Guys..

Im a right newbie at this, and its quite possible Im trying to fly before I can even walk here...!!

Im trying to insert a photoshow I have created, using ProShow Producer, and have followed the instructions to the letter on uploading the px. file to my webspace, and also inserting the neccessary HTML code onto my web page, so the show can be viewed by visitors.... but its just not happening...!!!!!

Was just wondering if any of you clever lot know if the web server can deliver px files?? Or if I can request a MIME type to be added?? Or even better if anyone has used this software on their site?

(Please note: I have no idea what the last paragraph meant! Am just following the troubleshooting guide with the software!)

Oh, and just to say, I have NEVER posted anything on a forum before, but you guys r the tops!! Its only thanks to reading your replies to other questions, Ive got this far at all!!!

U ROCK!!

ardnutt

Re: Maybe Im getting ahead of myself??

Hey!

First, let me start off by welcoming you to this great community! Here, you will be able to find the answers you need and laugh along the way - you will love it here!

This ProShow Producer program ..
    Have you tried saving it as .mpeg format?

I hope to see your site soon! Much success to you!
    Best regards,
    Jeremy

www.cornwall4rent.com

Comment

Hey!
      Thanks for that! Get the feeling its a pretty big happy family here!

I dont get the option of how to save the file, though I have discovered I need to install the "presenter Web Plugin" which I have downloaded from their site: http://www.photodex.com/downloads/plugins.html

I have followed the BlueVoda tutorial on using the plug in option, but am confused on what I am susposed to do with the "plugin - box" when it appears on the page. Do I stretch it to fit over the whole page, then insert the HTML code over the top??

Methinks its time for a long soak in the bath, else the PC may take a wirlwind tour out the window!! If you can see anything in the following instructions that im missing.... then hey! I'm your new best friend..;o)
      www.ardnutt.com/upload.txt

cheers Guys.....

Comment

Hey!

I have the program aswell - the pro edition - well I am accually trying it out right now, it looks like a pretty good program. I am going to install that plugin and see what I can do.

.. with that plugin are you able to save it as a .mpeg or any movie format at all?
        Best regards,
        Jeremy

www.cornwall4rent.com

Comment

Hey I got the pro version too!! And yeah your right, some of the ouputs Ive seen are totally amazing!!

You dont get any choice of output as far as I can see, it seems to pull all the resources together, ie pics, music, backgrounds and create 1 output, wether that be a DVD, an EXE or in the case of a webshow, a px file.

Please let me know how you get on with the Plugin... Hope you work out the bit that is still evading me!!

Waiting inanticipation...

Comment

SORTED!!!!

When you put the location of the px file you have uploaded, you DONT insert the full URL of this file in the source code. So I put 'www.ardnutt.com/familyshow1.px' in the source. When changed to 'familyshow1.px' it works a treat!!

Have fun and happy ProShow Producing!

ardnutt.....P

Comment

Hey!

Well glad to hear! I've been trying here as well but couldn't figure it out - I am new at this program! but glad to hear you got it working my friend! I am looking forward to see your site!

Much success!
              Best regards,
              Jeremy

www.cornwall4rent.com

Comment

Yeah, It Stumped me too... But those lovely people at the website sorted me out..

Have uploaded a few shows now, am just experementing with the "layers" option in the software now, see what you think:

http://www.ardnutt.com/proshows

The Family show is the latest... let me know how you get on, and look forward to seeing some of your shows too soon!!

ardnutt

Comment

Hey!

The link is wrong, you forgot to add the .html at the end or it won't work. Let's hope you didn't do that for all of your links!

The video works, but I am not too sure if it will only work for people who have that program?
                  Best regards,
                  Jeremy

www.cornwall4rent.com

Comment

OOOOPS!!!

Guess I was a bit excited at finally getting the show working!! (Though I must admit, I went back and checked all my links on my website, just in case..;o)

I have checked, it wont run without the plug in installed on the viewing PC, which is a shame, but did a check, and the plugin installs very easily, without putting up a fight, like Ive found with some plugins previously!!

Have found using the email option not such a good process.. to big.

I suspose the only other option is create an executable, upload it to your webspace, then use a link for people to download it???

Comment

Working...
                    X