Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photoshop ...

Hello everyone,

I am looking for a freeware. Something that is somewhat comparable to photoshop. I have quite a few projects that I'd like to complete but cant at this time as I cant afford Photoshop, nor do I have a photo editing program.

Any Ideas?

My budget is extremely tight ... like non-existant tight .....

Any thoughts or ideas will be extremely helpful.
    brenT

Re: Photoshop ...

Hey!

You can download a free trial of Macromedia Fireworks Professional 8 on their site for 31 days. That should give you alot of time.

- It's a really great program and easy to use if you know how to use Photoshop.
    Best regards,
    Jeremy

www.cornwall4rent.com

Comment

Thanks Jeremy!

I have a few basic skills using photo editing tools, I have never used photoshop or Fireworks though. Thanks for the info!
      brenT

Comment

Macromedia also has hands on learning flash clips to help you. If you really need help, I can help you out on a little bit of things, the rest doesn't come free, haha
        Best regards,
        Jeremy

www.cornwall4rent.com

Comment

unfortunatly, photoshop is unique, it gives you total control on your images, you can download a trial for 30 days, other wise try to find a small budget to afford it with a 50% off from my services for Voda Community, think about it and send me an e-mail here
          The Producer

Comment

Originally posted by Nite Producer
            unfortunatly, photoshop is unique, it gives you total control on your images, you can download a trial for 30 days, other wise try to find a small budget to afford it with a 50% off from my services for Voda Community, think about it and send me an e-mail here

Thanks for the offer ... what is a small budget?
            brenT

Comment

The only program I have ever found that comes close to Photoshop is croel Photopaint (part of the corel graphics suite) and it is a lot easier to use than Photoshop. To buy it new is still a 3 figure price but.. I got an original OEM copy on eBay for less than £20.

OEM = Unboxed version that is offered free with a PC upon purchase, disks only.

FPRULES

Comment

I think I just found what i was looking for. It is a freeware program called PhotoFiltre. So far its what I was wanting. If you guys want to check it out go to www.snapfiles.com and under freeware image editors you will find it.

Oh yeah btw Rob, I have been using firefox all day, trying to get used to it!
                You were correct about the speed ( on this forum that is , i have experienced slow load times on other sites though ). also you were right on the tabbed interface for browsing, it frees up ALOT of space on my bottom tool bar. Thanks man for them recommend!

Wake up with a hang over today? LOL you were LIT last night! hahahahahahaha

Thanks again mate!
                brenT

Comment

Hey!

Don't get firefox! lol .. you should try the new Internet Explorer 7.
                  Best regards,
                  Jeremy

www.cornwall4rent.com

Comment

Don't get firefox? Why not? Isn't IE 7 still in beta mode though? Also did IE fix their security problems with 7? I have used both Ie and Netscape. I like IE , but I dont wanna be browser hacked ...
                    brenT

Comment

Hey!

EI7 has improved their security and I mean it's shut tight, they have ton's of new features that I was accually surprised to have. Sure it's in beta mode but it's in its 3rd beta mode but I do not see anything wrong with it at the moment and I feel safer then ever. If you run on windows, then you should run explorer, that's why it comes with your computer.

*two thumbs up to IE7*
                      Best regards,
                      Jeremy

www.cornwall4rent.com

Comment

Jeremy LOL, have you ever known a single Microsoft product that is safe? No, not one hehehe but... Everytime a new verson is released they say that it is safe.

The other thing is... IE7 just copies all of the features that made FF popular but it still isn't as quick and shock horror ... Many CSS programming tricks will not work in IE7 making the world of web-design a lot more difficult.

CBG, glad you getting used to FF mate, it will become an essential tool for sure LOL

I was a seeing double last night and did get in some VodaTrouble for it too but I am behaving now and I am thankfull that we have some understanding staff running this place hehehe :)

FPRULES

Comment

Haha, Microsoft tries to hard to be better then everyone eh? I've seen so many products that they are recently releasing like Windows Live Space - talk about cheap imatation of MySpace eh?

Personally, I never liked FireFox.
                          Best regards,
                          Jeremy

www.cornwall4rent.com

Comment

My father told me about this just the other day. Looks very good.

http://www.fxfoto.com/

Watch the demos. Impressed!!

Andy
                            PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Hey Andy,

I know this isn't the right thread to ask you so can you e-mail me at:
                              jeremy@bwservices.ca please?
                              Best regards,
                              Jeremy

www.cornwall4rent.com

Comment

Working...
                              X