Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When is a good time to add Google adds

Hi from Phil in Oz

I've read numerous articles on ranking in the SEs etc etc. My site being a "Golf Site" has some pretty serious competition for Keywords. Obviously the keywords are pretty generic and usually need to have the word, "GOLF"in them.

From what I understand I am better of concentrating on content for my pages and this is what I intended to do anyway as it is a hobby.

Just wanted some feedback on adding Google adds to my site.

Is it better to wait some time to place google adds on the site once I've generated enough traffic through my ranking due to the content? Or do I add them straight away once I've published (If Google lets me!!)

Its probably taboo asking this question but would Google adds alone generate enough income to say pay my yearly fee to BV. ( and maybe pay for a couple of extra Golf rounds a year for me and my son. ha, ha) Offcourse this question is based on my site generating a steady flow of traffic.

Appreciate anyones input

Thanks
    Phil Cartledge (Aussie Phil)

Discover A Simple Approach To Online Business That Locks In Your Success.

Re: When is a good time to add Google adds

If you’re using Google ads, I would join up ASP & place them on your pages now. It will save a lot of time later moving your pages around later to accommodate them. If not make some shapes up the same size as your Google ads & place them on your pages for a latter date. You can always put something else there for now. The size of the ads are at this link. https://www.google.com/adsense/adformats?sourceid=asos&subid=ww-ww-et-resource_box&medium=link

Chris.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Thanks Chris

At least I know the sizes now and will add them later.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by philipc9635
        Thanks Chris

At least I know the sizes now and will add them later.

Thanks
        Pleasure.
        Have a check around for other affiliates like Amazon and others; you can then link to more specific items to do with your site, like specific books & alike. Worth checking on what & how affiliates pay out as well. Some have some real catches to them. IE reaching a target per month or no pay out. With a lot of them you tend to get paid more quickly via direct transfer to your bank or sometimes Pay pal.
        But also check that you can have different affiliates on the same area of your site. Google have some strict rules on this. But don’t believe it is any problem on different pages/areas of the site.

Good luck

Chris
        Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Thanks again Chris. Just looked up Amazon and found some good stuff.

Appreciate the help.

Comment

You can add ads at any time to any site. I don't recommend adding them to stores - as you want the sales yourself, not to send people elsewhere.

Whether you can generate enough income from ads and affiliates depends on a lot of things - including how professional your site is and whether people find it to be an authority where they'd want to check out your recommendations.
            Beth
            A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
            SEO - The Basics

Comment

Thanks Beth

Hey with Blue Voda how can it not be professional?? At the end of the day I have enjoyed putting the site together but I hope people like it.

Comment

Don't expect to make mega bucks at once - this time last year I was averaging around $7 a month from Google - took me 10 months to make the first $100 and get the magic payout, but now I get a cheque every couple of months.

I reckon it should pay for the hosting, and if you don't expect anything more then you'll probably be pleasantly suprised. I add adsense to every page - google search is good too, and you can make between $2 and $10 a month from this.

As Beth says, if you are selling yourself you'll want to keep your visitors, but my sites just give info, and the google ads give them places to go for more, so both I, and the visitors, win.

Apart from the vodahost affiliate plan I haven't made anything to speak of with other ads - amazon looked great, but even with targetted items hardly anyone bought them.
                Trish
                www.Limebrook.com
                www.MountainWalk.co.uk
                www.MyBeardedDragons.co.uk
                www.TucsonForBeginners.com
                www.Pets4kids.info

Comment

Thanks Trish

I'm in no rush to make money but if it pays for itself what more could I ask for.

I like the look and simplicity of your sites as well. I might just take one of them bushwalks if I ever come over and vist the relatives.

Comment

Working...
                  X