X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Security for e-mail when using forms

Hello, Phil here

I have created a basic form in BV for a Newsletter. It consists of Name, E-mail and a submit button.

When I fill it in in the browser it comes up with a message saying your information can be read by others and your details are not encrypted. I have successfully sent an e-mail to myself and received my autoresponse.

I want to protect my e-mail and the e-mail of my subscribers from spam etc. I am currently using the Squirell Web Mail. I have read Andys Tutorials on security but as a newcomer I simply don't understand or have the ability to follow the tutorial. ( Sorry Andy, I'm a monkey see, monkey do type of guy and wouldn't have a clue what php123 is etc.)

How can I encrypt the form and protect the information from being read by others? Or is having a registration form with password protect the only option? I wanted to avoid having to register people.

Thanks
    Phil Cartledge (Aussie Phil)

Discover A Simple Approach To Online Business That Locks In Your Success.

Re: Security for e-mail when using forms

You could buy an ssl certificate for your site (click here for more info)

Andy
    PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Your best bet is to try to follow Andy's tutorial or the basic script in BlueVoda Form Tutorial 1, as neither your email will be visible, and the info submitted will be encoded (even though not encrypted).
      And it is free.
      Navaldesign
      Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thanks guys

I might consider the SSL further down the track. I'll go back to Andy's tutorial and try and work it out but I may need some clarification on some of the harder stuff.

Comment

Hello again from Phil

Andy and Navaldesign if your out there I've had a closer look at this php security script and after reading it through slowly about 5 times I think I'm getting the idea.

Now my form won't have a "comments section" in it so I guess I've got to delete a large section of this script once I saved it to notepad. I hope I delete the right parts!!!!

The only other question I have is do I have to publish my pages to see if my form works? I'm still working on my site and it could be at least a month away.

Thanks

Comment

Yes- you will need to publish the form and the thankyou (or error page- which ever tutorial you used) in order to test it.

Andy
            PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Thanks Andy

Comment

Working...
              X