Help with Media Player Button & Activation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with Media Player Button & Activation

Hi... I've read through all the postings on forum.. I'm a real novice at this..
    So so far I have placed the MediaPlayer Box is on page.. music file in BV files.. HTMlL.. looks OK..start on "false".. How to place "Play Button"... so that the music plays...And will lt play for me ... now.. while I'm laying out all this??
    Thanks .. Doug

Re: Help with Media Player Button & Activation

Doug..
    Can you be mose specific and explain a little more..?? I'm not quiet sure if I understand the question..
    Also, can you put your url here if its published so we can have a look?

Comment

OK Thanks for responding... I have a music file.."Medley" placed in the BV file... cut on a Windows media.. the BV media player box is on the page... after that I'm lost... how to get "medley" to play when a visitor .. clicks an atractive button... how to install button to play "medley".. how to fill in what files.. to make work...you would think that this would be simple...step by step.. how to... not a programer... composer... thanks ... Doug

Comment

Ok Doug,

There are two ways of using media player..
        1. Use the BV Media Player feature which is very simple.. double click on that box and then add the file you want to play and so on.. the 3 attributes provided there are Autostart, Loop and hide.. they are simple, and you ca always expirement with them. The control buttons are all there automatically embeded into the player.
        2. If you want to use different buttons then you will need to do some scripting.. Not long ago I published a small tutorial on this.. I honestly don;t remember if it's still there or if I took it off.. But in any case, customizing the look of the media player controls require allocating action to images with small scripts. This means that you will need to build your media player from scratch.. don't be afraid of this, because the process is relatively simple, but I have to admit, a little knowledge in scripting will be required.. My website is not complete yet, but against my own policy, I'll give you this page address to see what I mean.. This is a good example because it has both, the embeded play controls and small play buttons on the side that call clips from play lists.
        http://adsenseproject.com/examples/video1.htm

Please let me know if this helps.

Comment

Thank you... The buttons on you player are nice look good ... similiar to what i have in mind..The Media Player box on mine doesn't come up play buttons .. just box.. the file is in Ok... Do I have to have this site of line up and hooked to server... when working on it.. and trying to use the Media Player... contact box and order form??? I'm really a novice at this... your input is greatly appreciated... doug

Comment

Originally posted by dougnez
            Thank you... The buttons on you player are nice look good ... similiar to what i have in mind..The Media Player box on mine doesn't come up play buttons .. just box.. the file is in Ok... Do I have to have this site of line up and hooked to server... when working on it.. and trying to use the Media Player... contact box and order form??? I'm really a novice at this... your input is greatly appreciated... doug
            The media player will take the music it plays from the server.. Therefore, your music source must be set as the music file itself after its been uploaded onto the server.. For example: you have a music file you want to play called 'musicclip.mp3'.. tht file must be uploaded onto the server, then, in your media player, the file would be htt://yoursite/musicclip.mp3

That way the player would get the file from there and starts playing the music.

In its previewing stage, the player will play from your computer, so you can design your page and test it before you publish it.

Order forms may be a little different as the script that handles them (processes them) may not be activated in preview mode (not published).

I have just found the page I mentioned before and I'm sure you'll find some information in it... Notice that this page deals with hidden media players for background music, but it's not difficult to make it visible.

http://adsenseproject.com/bc_music.htm

Hope this helps.

Comment

Thanks Again... Went to site you reccomened ... HMTL looked Ok .. easy enough to understand.... transfered and entered specific changes.. to media Player HMTL... In the design setting nothing shows,,, in the web preveiw.. the player boxes show with no image... and when pressed .. goes to firefox not found window... guess it's gotta be up on server... who knows ... if you have any other ideas I'm all ears... Hey!!! and thanks for all your efforts on my behalf... Doug... patience is a virtue

Comment

Working...
              X