Needing help here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Needing help here.

Finally...... I have searched and searched just to work out how to post a new thread. (No links saying post new thread anywhere!!!) Hello, I'm Anne from Australia and have had numerous problems with organising this site, I am assured at some point that it will all work out. Just not as easy as some would suggest, also thought it was free, (didn't read fine print either).
    I have set up my pages, done the index thingy and saved, published, have domain name etc. However.... always a however eh? Even tho it appears to have published (after several hiccups there) I cannot find the site. Internet explorer, google etc keeps coming up with no website available, I began my account on the 21st (now the 24th) if i type in the temporary URL it brought up an index page, and thats it.
    Domain name is www.Divinessence.com Client ID 9613.
    Exciting work but definitley frustrating....... I would suggest more step by step processes for each single step of web building ... and definitely a button for posting to this forum, how else do you get on other than repyling to one already begun??

Any help is appreciated as long as it is in language of the computer dummies. Thanks & kind regards in advance...Anne

Re: Needing help here.

point your domain's name server to vodahost. I believe this will work
    Nyoman

Comment

Hi Anne its Phil from W.A, Australia

I'm not qualified enough to help you with the publishing side of things yet (but I'll get there eventually)

In relation to posting new threads you need to go to the uppermost level of the thread. You can do this by going to the Forum Jump bar at the bottom of the thread page your on.

If say you have a general issue about Blue Voda you would click on the "Blue Voda Website Builder Forum." Then you would click on the folder Blue Voda General Issues. There you would see the new thread button at the top.

I guess this is so people can firstly check to see if they have the right Forum heading for their thread and also so people don't enter into a thread that isn't related to their question.

I didn't and still don't have a lot of knowledge in building a web site but I have found Blue Voda to be the best user friendly web builder around. I usually forget the frustration once I've created something and it actully works. This forum has some of the friendliest people around and they give away their knowledge for free.

I'm a slow typist so someone has probably already answered your publishing question. I clicked on your link but it wouldn't come up.

Good Luck. Hope you get your site up soon.
      Phil Cartledge (Aussie Phil)

Discover A Simple Approach To Online Business That Locks In Your Success.

Comment

Hi

You will get the hang of it in the end - just takes time and you will find that one day everything will just click - it did for me.

It appears that you are still on the temp url as you said your index page comes up. The other pages will not work unless you change the link, I found this but as soon as I was able to go in under the web address everything worked. If you want to change the link on just one of your pages to check it then you can but it easier just to wait until your domain name is up and running. Not sure how long thatwill take - that is a qustion for a more experienced person than me!!

If you are in Bluevoda designing your web site you will see at the bottom on the page it says Community Forum. Click on that then choose which section you want to post in and click on that. Then click on New Thread and away you go.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Good luck - look forward to seeing your web site.
        kp

www.pooleyenterprises.com

Comment

Thanks Guys, I am up and running, frustration replaced with euphoria. Someone took my .com site after i had only test run it and didnt have time to register as life cicumstances took over for a while.
          oNe more question, can you change minor details on published pages without having to republish them or is that the only way?
          How do i also change the logout time for this forum, only seems to give me small time to type....
          Oh new site is www.divinessence.biz
          cheers Anne

Comment

Originally posted by philipc9635
            Hi Anne its Phil from W.A, Australia

I'm not qualified enough to help you with the publishing side of things yet (but I'll get there eventually)

In relation to posting new threads you need to go to the uppermost level of the thread. You can do this by going to the Forum Jump bar at the bottom of the thread page your on.

If say you have a general issue about Blue Voda you would click on the "Blue Voda Website Builder Forum." Then you would click on the folder Blue Voda General Issues. There you would see the new thread button at the top.

I guess this is so people can firstly check to see if they have the right Forum heading for their thread and also so people don't enter into a thread that isn't related to their question.

I didn't and still don't have a lot of knowledge in building a web site but I have found Blue Voda to be the best user friendly web builder around. I usually forget the frustration once I've created something and it actully works. This forum has some of the friendliest people around and they give away their knowledge for free.

I'm a slow typist so someone has probably already answered your publishing question. I clicked on your link but it wouldn't come up.

Good Luck. Hope you get your site up soon.
            Hi Phil from W.A. good to know I'm not the only australian here, thanks for your help, I am published now so if i can help in any way, (not very likely) just ask. Anne

Comment

Hi Anne

I think there's a heap of Aussies in Vodaland.

I believe when you have to make changes you just make them and re-publish the page and the new page takes the place of the old one.

And yes I'm sure I'll need help in the future.

Catcha
              Phil Cartledge (Aussie Phil)

Discover A Simple Approach To Online Business That Locks In Your Success.

Comment

Phil-
                Every time you "re-publish" a page in Blue Voda, it simply overwrites the previous version, which is why it is a good habit to "refresh" your browser in both Preview and live to see the recently loaded version...LOL How many times we get frustrated not seeing our changes...!

Your VodaHost account is so huge, you needn't worry about "cleaning up" your space on the server, until maybe some time after you've put your site 'to bed' so to speak.

Try to remember to always SAVE your page before Publishing in BV, as the file will be 'set' and not fray during transfer. Also, don't be afraid to re-name previous versions (I simply add a note, like "index1" or "index-retired July06") and save it to your HD before making updates to the page and saving it properly prior to publishing. That way, if I mess up, I can always recall my earlier version, rename it, re-publish it, and on I go!

You'll get the hang of it quite quickly, but if you try to out-think yourself (like making personal archives) you won't get caught short as you zoom through things!

Good Luck.....and Welcome!
                . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
                X