Only my home page appears online

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Only my home page appears online

Using BlueVoda, I successfully published the first 4 pages of my site. But so far only the home (index) page is showing.

That is, when I go to the home page (www.jhwm.net), and try to click the menu button for any of the other 3 pages I published (they were About, Experience, and Services), I get "The page cannot be found" error page. I confirmed that all my page URLs end with ".html" and then re-published the 3 "missing" pages. Anything else I should do?

Also: On all 4 pages I have a mouse-over sound effect (a .wav file) in place for the buttons in my nav bar. I hear the sound when I go to "Navigation Bar Properties" and put my cursor over the sample button, but not when I do the same in BlueVoda's preview mode for any of these pages. The sound also isn't happening when I try it on my live home page.

Thanks for your help.

Re: Only my home page appears online

hi

I clicked on your link and it went to this http://www.jhwm.net)/ , there is a ) in there for some strange reason - once I removed the ) I went to your website.

for your links, double check that you have http://www.jhwm.net/about.html in the link box. I am assuming that you saved your about page as about. I found that I sometimes had an extra character in by mistake which is why my links sometimes did not work.

Not sure what else to suggest.
    Let us know how you get on
    kp

www.pooleyenterprises.com

Comment

Your menu links look good from your home page. Are you sure that you have published to the right ip address & Public_html. You could go into c panel & check that the pages are in the right folder (just in case)

Chris.

PS sound seems fine on your buttons.
      Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

-How are you saving your pages? Do not add the extension, BV will do it for you.
        -Check your spelling html is often mispelled hmtl
        -Verify your links from the BV Tools menu.
        Bill
        www.blueearthtea.com
        www.ftaaconsulting.com
        www.iaval.com
        www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

Right. I had that problem. If you save with .html in BV , then
          publish, you will get about.html.html makes things quite interesting!

Just save as index or about or page2 no extention then
          publish and then make your link www.urdomain.net/about.html

You can also go to log in to control panel, select ftp file manager
          and then select public_html and look down the file list for
          the pages in question and see exactly how they got published.
          If they are incorrect, then drag them over to the trash can
          and re-publish them.
          Brad Arnold.......
          www.baldwincomusic.com
          www.Northbaldwinhamradio.org

ClickheretoBlastyoursitetomany
          !Free Search Engine Submission!
          Talking Avatar for your web site!
          Free sound editor
          Voda Host Tutorials

Comment

I see so many options in CPanel, I have no idea where to go to check whether I published to the right IP address and folder. Advice? Thanks.

Your menu links look good from your home page. Are you sure that you have published to the right ip address & Public_html. You could go into c panel & check that the pages are in the right folder (just in case)

PS sound seems fine on your buttons.

Comment

I can see "about", "Experience" and "Services". Maybe you have solved the problem ?
              Navaldesign
              Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
              Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
              DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
              Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thanks, KP123, Collectors-info, Bill, and Brad . . . my first problem is solved (I had saved each page as "JHWM About Page" and "JHWM Services Page" and so on). All four pages are now visible on the web. However, I still do not get the mouse-over sound effect on any of these pages when I put my cursor over any of the menu buttons. I'm surprised that Collectors-info is hearing it but I'm not. And no, I'm not hard of hearing

Comment

the links are now working and I think your website looks great. Good job.

I still get the ) when I link on your link
                  kp

www.pooleyenterprises.com

Comment

Originally posted by jimchicago
                    Thanks, KP123, Collectors-info, Bill, and Brad . . . my first problem is solved (I had saved each page as "JHWM About Page" and "JHWM Services Page" and so on). All four pages are now visible on the web. However, I still do not get the mouse-over sound effect on any of these pages when I put my cursor over any of the menu buttons. I'm surprised that Collectors-info is hearing it but I'm not. And no, I'm not hard of hearing
                    Yep looking better! The sounds I am getting are! The home page sound like a single strike on a xylophone instrument & all the others that are working, sound very similar but a different note.
                    Are you testing in preview? It may be one of those things that only works when viewing in real time. IE via the web.

Chris.
                    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Hello everyone,

I'm just starting out on building my website with totally no previous experience doing so. I have already worked on 3 pages but when i have my work previewed, only the home page is showing. I have not yet ordered an account on vodahost since i wanted to be sure first that everything is working well. Does this affect my "previewing privileges"?

I plan to name my information website as www.skin-care-tips-4u.com I have named my 2nd page as 5tips and will name my link as www.skin-care-tips-4u.com/5tips.html Am i doing the right thing?

I need all the help i can get.
                      Thanks in advance!

Aileen

Comment

Pages not published can be previewed, however links between pages will only work after you have published.
                        Navaldesign
                        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
                        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
                        X