Article Archives?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Article Archives?

Quick question...I am really hopeless with website designing, this is my first attempt. Anyway, I am planning on having articles on my websites which I will add to each month. I am going to have a main article page, but then do I have a list of articles on the side, with each opening to a new page with one article on it? What do I save them as? I'm not sure if I am saving my pages right either. Will it matter when I go to publish if they aren't saved with the right name?
    A place for moms:

When my kids become wild and unruly, I use a nice, safe playpen. When they're finished, I climb out. ~Erma Bombeck

Re: Article Archives?

What is your site URL ?
    Do you mean saving your pages or saving your articles?
    -Pages: your home page must be saved as index no caps, no underlining, no extension. Every other page save as about_us, contact_us, etc. really doesn't matter (page1, page2, page3) so long as you link each properly and if you do make a change later on you remember to correct the link. pages will show as www.yourdomain.com/page1.html
    -Articles: saving as PDF files makes it easier for users to open than say Word or Wordperfect.
    Bill
    www.blueearthtea.com
    www.ftaaconsulting.com
    www.iaval.com
    www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

Originally posted by bill2006
      Articles: saving as PDF files makes it easier for users to open than say Word or Wordperfect.
      I agree....and it is a means to "protect" your documents from plagerism and "pilferage" of logos, etc.

However, to achieve the same type of "User Ease" and managing on my side to update a News section, I opted to use a watermarked image as the base of my BV "pages" and simply composed (copied) the articles onto a BV page-proper, allowing the watermark underneath to always be present for identification purposes (even if printed by viewers). Since the image is a Registered Trademark, it allows me recourse.

You can see how I developed the "pop-up" single-article News section HERE to better illustrate the option I chose to implement.
      (And, you can see how far behind I am actually publishing my news pages.....LOL)
      . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
      * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Thanks! So, I save each article, on a seperate page, in PDF format, right? How hard is it going to be to link everything together? (Remember, you are dealing with a complete newbie!!)
        A place for moms:

When my kids become wild and unruly, I use a nice, safe playpen. When they're finished, I climb out. ~Erma Bombeck

Comment

Let's go back a bit, it is easy but..

Have you watched the tutorials on linking pages? If not go back and watch them all from the beginning. http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/hyp...mages-etc.html

-If you are going to include several articles per page and from different sources, example legal briefings, PDF are a good idea. If it is something you wrote, consider a text box.
          Bill
          www.blueearthtea.com
          www.ftaaconsulting.com
          www.iaval.com
          www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

Working...
          X