looking for comments or suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looking for comments or suggestions

This is my first website, and I'm going to add some things but I want some feed back first. Have any ideas?http://www.paintingsfromphotographs.net

Re: looking for comments or suggestions

Well...I already have a customer for you.
    I am finishing up a website for a professional Wedding Photographer, and I asked him to find someone to do just what you do, as an added product/service for him to offer his well-heeled clients.
    (Hope you can handle the load!)

As far as the technical aspects of your site, honestly, I am kind of a nit-picker, so I should probably let the others (en masse) offer their perspectives, so you can see the validiity of the issues they raise worthy of considering.

Congratulations on using Blue Voda to translate your vision into reality....this time via a keyboard, right??
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Hi, could do with dropping the thumb nail & images down in size. They are at 263kb & would think you could drop this down to 15kb on thumbnails & 100kb max on main images (or less) as it takes a wile on 1st time loading, even on broadband.

Good luck.

Chris
      Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

I like your site, I didn't have any problem with download time for the thumbnails, they came right in for me ....

I am a color scheme person and I love your blue and black, just my taste, but on your entry page where you have the bottom writing in red, I would change that to blue also, blue and black are real nice colors, you could add some white somewhere if you wanted or silver, but I am not fond of the red ... just my opinion though!!

Awesome photos!

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Good work,
          -You're going to hear it a lot - center yr pages. Page Properties>Check center in browser.
          -Consider changing your NavBar design, the rollover shows BV.
          -No problem loading, but pic size is a very valid point, a lot of users will struggle with big files.
          -Seems like you copied and pasted the PayPal logo, that wont work. Save it as a *.gif and then insert as an image.
          -Agree with comment on colors, black is difficult to work with. Notice the white around the NavBar? doesn't look professional.

Nice artwork.
          Bill
          www.blueearthtea.com
          www.ftaaconsulting.com
          www.iaval.com
          www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

I think I would set up your site like an art gallery, pictures with frames, and perhaps a border around your page. I think, stick to one "color family" to make it "classic". Just some ideas, nice site.

Comment

Fred Osbourne:
              Nice Idea, and the presentation is starting to take shape.
              Follow the advice received so far and you wont go wrong.

Would you like to exchange links with my new Weddingdressmarket(USA)
              as I believe your concept would go down well with Wedding pictures.

Vasili: would your new website(wedding photographer) like to exhange links
              as well ?

Good luck with your site Fred

have fun
              Have fun
              Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
              Newbies / Beginners Forum
              FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
              My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
              Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

All good comments so far - and load time was very slow for me on dial-up -

I believe you need to completely redo the navigation - because those don't do you justice on either one you picked.

Artwork is one of the few instances where I accept a black background - and btw, I'm still waiting for the picture on the home page to load :(

Also, you need to name your pages - index is what you call it for BV to publish - but not what you want to show in the top bar of the screen when the page opens. The page title should have your top keywords for that page in it - not the word index or home.

As to your work - I had someone do a painting of my dogs from pictures - and was thrilled with it - I see this as being a very profitable website for you - BUT - I gave up on the gallery - again on dial-up - so the optimizing the pictures suggested is really important.

Good luck!

You have major work on all your meta - here's what you put in for your description on your home page "home page, introduction to selling paintings" - that description has to be what you would consider a short advertisement for your site - with your keywords used.

You do NOT want to list any keywords in the meta that aren't on the page - so those have to be redone also.
                Beth
                A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
                SEO - The Basics

Comment

Working...
                X