playing video ... please help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• playing video ... please help

i am trying to publish a page and on that page is a player that auto starts with a movie 741 mb avi so when a person enters the page the film starts to play only i cant get it to publish its pprob too big i know but i was willin to let it try all night but it just keeps crashin b.v i.e it says not responding so is there another way
    at the moment i am trying to upload in file manger the movie file then say have a link to it so the persons own player will play t but this not what i want also i tried to publish just a blank page with just the player and film and still it wont have it i was trying to create a pop up window in my browswer like i do with small trailers

there must be a way help befroe i lose all my marbles
    The get vasili to join our forum campaign has begun

www.thatgoodsite.com and our forum of fun also starring my hero vasili
    Weve got movies,arcade,radio,T.V,chat,music,funny vids,jokes and lots and lots of fun for free

Re: playing video ... please help

Allstar, don't be panic . you can do anything you want but you have to be patient. 741 mb is very big file, actually although Bv keep freezing the window it was transfering your file. but if you don't want to see your window crashing and not responding you can use another way. create your page add with whatever you want ( banner, button, image, etc)
    insert the player in your page but without adding the movie file inside the player. save your page let say you save as movie.html and then publish as it is. now go to file manager control panel, Upload your real movie file (741 mb) untill this you are safe. the last while you are in cp file manager click the file of your page (movie.html) and then click edit, in this file you have to find this code :
    HTML Code:
    EMBED src=""
    and you have to add your movie name inside the quote ie:
    EMBED src="your movie.avi" .save the change and you are done
    Try
    Nyoman

Comment

lmao i love you so much loli will try to understand what you have said and implement it , i am at the moment trying to uplaod the movie file withcore ftp to my folder which it is saying a day lol but will persist
      you truly are a star my freind

Weve got movies,arcade,radio,T.V,chat,music,funny vids,jokes and lots and lots of fun for free

Comment

lol yes thanks it is all ok but my prob now is it takes for ever to load in my browser, the thing is when i tried this originaly in preveiw it was realy good so i went ahead and now im on a mission im sure you understand

what can i do to say convert it so its more compressed i suppose at the moment i only have the full film in avi and nothing else to try , what is the best format to upload?

Comment

I used Windows Media Player for my movie, which is quite large. It took about 15 - 20 minutes to publish. Try to publish when the internet is not so busy. (ie: early morning.)

Comment

Good thinking Costume Lady..

Now, VH tells us that maximum page size should be no more than 8MG.. But that is only for the page itself.. So, your movie file size shouldn't matter.. (Even though I think 471MG is mighty huge and if you have 10 people watching this thing your traffic will hit the roof).

I have done a couple of sample pages about movies.. specially trailers.. If you view the source on these pages, you will see the code that was used and perhaps duplicate it.. If you are not familiar with Media Player, I've also published a small tutorial about background music, but the thery remains the same... Although there could be bigger and better pages, you can have a look at these 3:

http://adsenseproject.com/examples/video1.htm
            http://adsenseproject.com/examples/video2.htm
            http://adsenseproject.com/bc_music.htm

Hope this helps.

Comment

Silly me.. I had removed some images, but I just put them back on now.. those pages should be ok now.

Comment

Allstarfaces:

Don't waste your time trying to get the file to play. That file is bigger than the amount of information on an entire CD. Video files that big for people to view are compressed. Even with broadband speed, it would take close to forever for the viewer to download. If you have a friend who has a video authoring program, have him compress the file for you. Or buy a compression program if you are going to be working with a lot of movies/clips. Sorensen Squeeze or Sorensen Spark is the best. I use it every day without error. Hundred meg files are compressed down to about 10 meg. or less without visible loss in quality.

Most of the videos on my site except the intro were over 100 meg before compression. Check it out for yourself. www.e-webvideo.com I'm not an expert but I've also had to learn the hard way. If I can be of help....

Jack

Comment

Hmmm I'll have a look at those myself!

Comment

Nice videos, Carlos and the music page is real clear sounding.

Comment

Originally posted by Costume Lady
                      Nice videos, Carlos and the music page is real clear sounding.
                      Thank you Costume Lady.. I just can't believe I could work something out.. I'm a bit slow on the tech front, so I'm happy with that progress.. still learning here.

Cheers luv.

Comment

You are "techy" and have an answer for everything. Good stuff.

Comment

yes he does thank goodness, hey i can compress with windows movie maker but it is rubish after i got pinnacle 9 studio but for some reason it wont open the files ggrr
                          i cant find a CHEAP version of sorrensen squeeze or spark any where can any one help there?
                          wow jack i realy need soreonsen lol i just had a look at yours great mate

Comment

Allstarfaces:

Find someone with Flash 8 Pro, a common high end website building program. With it comes Sorensen Spark. Maybe they could compress those large files for you. If you only have one, maybe they could do it for a small fee.

I am confused. Did you say you compressed something in Windows Movie maker and then tried to open it in Studio 9? It should be the other way around. Author your project in Studio nine and then output it to your computer folder as a DV/AVI file. Then try your options at compressing.

I doubt you are close to Iowa so I can't be of much help.
                            Jack

Comment

lmao jack you are so right im not near iowa thanks any way ive now got saronson 4.3 sqeeze and ive got dvd ripper and to be honest i can get a single copy in wmv format but saronson wont compress it for me? into a wmv file it started to do it in swv before but i gave up as last time i did this there was no sound i am still trying to get the right combination of software to do the job thee file im trying to squeeze now is over 1gig so i need to get it done lol

are well onward and upward as they say

Comment

Working...
                              X