PDA

View Full Version : Opinion on Music

LadyEye
08-27-2006, 02:11 PM
1. I've read on here that an mp3 is not allowed on your site unless it is your own creation. Is that true? And if so, I would suspect it is the copyright issue from the music industry. Would that be correct?

2. In so far as music, I've read all over the web that music on a site is inappropriate unless you are selling music. I am wondering what people on here think about that. Like is that an old thought, or is that thought still the majority of users opinions?

3. My site is a hockey teams site and initially I had relative music on each page. Tasteful and like I say relative to the topic. However, I had one person, and I do take advice, tell me that music is inappropriate. So I stripped the music off my site. I miss it!! I felt it gave a further upbeat tempo to the games, tempo to the event, tempo to selling tickets, etc. etc.

4. I need everyone's opinion ... hoping this thread goes on for days and pages.

5. Thanks to all who can give me their opinion. I will value it!!

From the Canadian Eh!! :)

lovethatbluegrassmusic
08-27-2006, 02:48 PM
Hi Lady. The music I have on my site is all by original
performers and is free domain and I have their permission to use it. If you use 'Public Domain' music, there is no restriction as far as I understand. If you go to Google search and
search for 'free public domain music' you will find all
kinds of unlicensed music sources available for download. Hope that helps!

bill2006
08-27-2006, 04:23 PM
Too many people and self interest groups fighting the inevitable with music.

A word of caution, some users do not want music because it interferes with other work or programs they might have going. Say you're in Skype or in a voice call and your music comes on loud. Pleas leave an off or volume control button.

ez-ez
08-27-2006, 07:10 PM
http://www.cb-cda.gc.ca/news/c20032004fs-e.html

LadyEye
08-28-2006, 05:21 PM
Thanks everyone .... consensus to me appears that not only can it be detrimental to the pocketbook, it can be annoying to others, so since I can't sing and they probably would not listen anyway, I think I'll take all your advice and leave the music off the site.

Thanks, great advice!!