Opinion on Music

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinion on Music

1. I've read on here that an mp3 is not allowed on your site unless it is your own creation. Is that true? And if so, I would suspect it is the copyright issue from the music industry. Would that be correct?

2. In so far as music, I've read all over the web that music on a site is inappropriate unless you are selling music. I am wondering what people on here think about that. Like is that an old thought, or is that thought still the majority of users opinions?

3. My site is a hockey teams site and initially I had relative music on each page. Tasteful and like I say relative to the topic. However, I had one person, and I do take advice, tell me that music is inappropriate. So I stripped the music off my site. I miss it!! I felt it gave a further upbeat tempo to the games, tempo to the event, tempo to selling tickets, etc. etc.

4. I need everyone's opinion ... hoping this thread goes on for days and pages.

5. Thanks to all who can give me their opinion. I will value it!!

From the Canadian Eh!! :)

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Re: Opinion on Music

Hi Lady. The music I have on my site is all by original
    performers and is free domain and I have their permission to use it. If you use 'Public Domain' music, there is no restriction as far as I understand. If you go to Google search and
    search for 'free public domain music' you will find all
    kinds of unlicensed music sources available for download. Hope that helps!
    Brad Arnold.......
    www.baldwincomusic.com
    www.Northbaldwinhamradio.org

ClickheretoBlastyoursitetomany
    !Free Search Engine Submission!
    Talking Avatar for your web site!
    Free sound editor
    Voda Host Tutorials

Comment

Too many people and self interest groups fighting the inevitable with music.

A word of caution, some users do not want music because it interferes with other work or programs they might have going. Say you're in Skype or in a voice call and your music comes on loud. Pleas leave an off or volume control button.
      Bill
      www.blueearthtea.com
      www.ftaaconsulting.com
      www.iaval.com
      www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

http://www.cb-cda.gc.ca/news/c20032004fs-e.html

Comment

Thanks everyone .... consensus to me appears that not only can it be detrimental to the pocketbook, it can be annoying to others, so since I can't sing and they probably would not listen anyway, I think I'll take all your advice and leave the music off the site.

Thanks, great advice!!

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
          02036089024 / United Kingdom
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
          X