Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uploading a PHP application

Hello,
    I am interested in uploading a PHP application to my site. The program is Moodle. Can this be done on VodaHost? Are there anyone with pointers, instructions or can add this program to my site?

I needed this done like yesterday =(.

Re: Uploading a PHP application

PHP programs/scripts normally come with installation instructions, and sometimes need a database.
    I have installed several php progs via the BV FTP program and its fairly simple
    as long as you follow ALL instructions.

Have you ever tried uploading before ?
    Have fun
    Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
    Newbies / Beginners Forum
    FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
    My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
    Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

No I have not tried to upload it. There are a few things that I did not understand after reading the direction. Here are some of the Moodle information that is troubling me:
      • It says load it to a directory but it did not say where to make the director on the site. Is it made as an extension of the public folder? I believe the directory will be a folder that I will make on the webpage.
      • It mentions to make a database but I do not know where to make this database at on the site.
      • It says that you can open the file where it will be part of your web page or you can have it where moodle is a subdirectory of your site. I do not understand how my website will look if I do not include it as a subdiaretory. Will my prior webpages be lost and only the application shown?

Comment

Those questions are better answered in the Moodle installation forums
        and as I have had a quick look at moodle, I think its best if you spend a little time in their forum.....

We have a video tutorial on installing a database that may help you.

Also you can learn all about directories.

Your main dir is public_html and that is where you normally publish to.
        and you can create a directory within the main dir called moodle and then upload to there. It all depends on your Installation instructions.

Be careful with version 1.6 as its still at the buggy stage.

have fun
        Have fun
        Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
        Newbies / Beginners Forum
        FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
        My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
        Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

I have been looking for thier forum. The only one I found was if you were using them to host. Do you know of another course managment system that may be more reliable?

Comment

Originally posted by Goldie Davis
            Hello,
            I am interested in uploading a PHP application to my site. The program is Moodle. Can this be done on VodaHost? Are there anyone with pointers, instructions or can add this program to my site?

I needed this done like yesterday =(.
            Log in to your Cpanel, click the big blue smiley face marked Fantastico and then look on the left of your screen. Moodle is listed under Other Scripts. Click it and follow the instructions - everything will be set up for you.
            My NASCAR Forum

Comment

I want to upload an auto responder thank you page which the sender receives after clicking send or submit from my contact page. I know it has to be saved as php - but how do I do it. Any help please.

Comment

You need a script that will allow you to do so. Have a look at Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor
                Navaldesign
                Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
                Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
                X