X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Real Player, Quick Time or Windows??

Client ID 7569

Hi there,

My problem is publishing a Promotion DVD onto my website. This is as far as it goes.
    1. Used ImToo DVD ripper to convert format from DVD to Mpeg. Named file actionmovie in folder.
    2. Created page in BV called actionmovie. Built the page with thumbnail pics.
    3. Clicked on the Quicktime icon for it to load into my page. Doubled clicked in Quicktime and loaded actionmovie file.
    4 Clicked on publish in BV and waited and waited only to get 4 successive attemps at publishing result with this info.

Internet Exception error 12002
    Details
    The request has timed out.

The actionmovie file is 50MB in size and is 5 minutes long. I really need to get this movie up and running on my website.

Any suggestions or answers to this problem will be greatly appreciated. Also wich is the best media to use for the shortest download time for client to see the movie?

Are their any other programs I can download or purchase to convert DVD mode to a compatible mode for the Media players?

Thanks in advance

Shaun McClelland

Shaun McClelland
    Netmarketers Helping Hand

Premium Leads Extravaganzer

Re: Real Player, Quick Time or Windows??

What is your website/URL?

Try cleaning your cache, history and temp on and offline files, then try to republish.

Not everyone has RealPlayer or Quick Time and not everyone is willing to download them, (to download RP generally have to provide more information than needed and you get their welcome e-mail and junk along with it), let users choose which or provide a link to download the free versions.
    Bill
    www.blueearthtea.com
    www.ftaaconsulting.com
    www.iaval.com
    www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

Thanks Bill,

Searching the web I see that the mpeg format is the most common to use with windows media. I also converted the DVD to mpeg anstead of avi and will try again

Thanks
      Shaun McClelland
      Netmarketers Helping Hand

Premium Leads Extravaganzer

Comment

You're welcome
        Bill
        www.blueearthtea.com
        www.ftaaconsulting.com
        www.iaval.com
        www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

Comecash:

50 meg is too big. Get the file compressed. The files on my site are over 100 meg before compression. Try them out.
          www.e-webvideo.com/clips.html

Jack

Comment

which software you use to converte video?
            it should have a compression option
            The Producer

Comment

Pinnacle Studio 10 is my authoring software. I compress in Sorenson Squeeze.
              It sounds like your video was already compressed some if it's only 50 meg for 5 minutes by converting it to mpeg. See if you have the option of importing from the DVD in DV as an AVI file. This way it it is uncompressed. Then see if your software can compress it to a windows media video .wmv. The smaller size, the faster it will load.

Comment

Working...
              X