Problem with Forms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with Forms

I created a simple form, it included name, email, comments and a submit button. I also created a thank you page. I saw the tutorials and I think I followed the instructions to the letter, I also used a php script. But, when I publish it, it did not displayed. So, maybe the problem was publishing it. I really don"t know. Any advice is welcome.

Anani

asignaciones.org
    Anani
    asignaciones.org

Re: Problem with Forms

Do you see the page in the FTP Manager? Did it make it over to the server?

Please post the url of the form page so we can have a look.

Andy
    PHP- is a blast!

Comment

I'm also have some trouble with the same thing, but a little different. I would like to let people submit an image using the mail form. When ever I test it I would get an attachment in a .att format. so I change the form settings to text/plain and received all the information but still can't get the image sent right. I was told to use a php form. I have no idea on how about doing that. Can someone please help me. I have looked into it and got nowhere.
      Thanks,
      MBI Marketing

http://www.motorsportbrands.com
      http://www.totallymotorsports.com

Comment

Uploading a file (image or other type, it's the same) requires a particular script. Please read this tutorial: How to upload a file using a form
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Hello, the URL of the form I published is http://www.asignaciones.org/contacto.html I'll check the FTP manager.
          Thanks.

Anani
          asignaciones.org
          Anani
          asignaciones.org

Comment

Hi, checked your form and the fields are working ok, but your .php file
            could not be found................
            Have fun
            Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
            Newbies / Beginners Forum
            FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
            My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
            Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

Hi,
              Ok, I'll do it all over again and let's see. Thanks.
              Anani
              asignaciones.org

Comment

Hi again, I saw the information about uploading a file and I think it will be very helpful. Thank you navaldesign. I'll work on it.
                Anani
                asignaciones.org

Comment

HI. This is what I did: created the form again (still have doubts about what to write in $mailsubj and $mailbody), published the pages in public html (the contact page has an .html ending, the thank you page has a .php ending), also, uploaded the uploading.php file and created a new folder named uploads. I can't see the contact page in the web site yet. Any sugestions please ........... thanks.
                  Anani
                  asignaciones.org

Comment

If you give us the names(url) of your pages and copy your php file here, we may be able to help you a little more...
                    .......and if you have changed the names into spanish and not changed the php code then your form will not work!!
                    Have fun
                    Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
                    Newbies / Beginners Forum
                    FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
                    My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
                    Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

Sorry for not understanding. You had a form in http://www.asignaciones.org/contacto.html

Did you make a new one ? And does it have an upload field ? If you don't have an upload field, what do you need the upload script for ? Use the simpler one, which is only for text fields.

If you have a new one, just post the URL here as David suggested.
                      Navaldesign
                      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Hi. This is the script I used, the one that you showed in the tutorial
                        <?php
                        // Receiving variables
                        @$email = addslashes($_POST['email']);
                        @$upload_Name = $_FILES['upload']['name'];
                        @$upload_Size = $_FILES['upload']['size'];
                        @$upload_Temp = $_FILES['upload']['tmp_name'];

// Validation for max file size
                        if ($upload_Size>0)
                        {
                        if( $upload_Size >1000000)
                        {
                        //delete file
                        unlink($upload_Temp);
                        header("Location: error.html");
                        exit;
                        }
                        $uploadFile = "uploads/".$upload_Name ;
                        @move_uploaded_file( $upload_Temp , $uploadFile);
                        chmod($uploadFile, 0644);
                        $upload_URL = "<A href="http://www.asignaciones.org/uploads/".$upload_Name">http://www.asignaciones.org/uploads/".$upload_Name ;
                        }
                        //Sending Email to form owner
                        $mailto = "youremail@yourdomain.com";
                        $mailsubj = "Correo";
                        $mailhead = "From: $email\n";
                        reset ($HTTP_POST_VARS);
                        $mailbody = "Info :\n";
                        while (list ($key, $val) = each ($HTTP_POST_VARS))
                        {
                        if ($key!="submit")
                        {
                        $mailbody .= "$key : $val\n";
                        }
                        }
                        $mailbody .= "upload: $upload_URL\n";
                        mail($mailto, $mailsubj, $mailbody, $mailhead);

I created a contact form but it doesn't show. The URL is the one David posted. I can see the page in the blue FTP but not in my site.
                        I hope you understand this because this is really new stuff for me. Thanks.
                        Anani
                        asignaciones.org

Comment

The only form URL i can see in your posts, is http://www.asignaciones.org/contacto.html

But there is no uploaded file in it. Why did you use this script if you don't have a field for file upload ?

Anyway, it will work the same, no problem.

However, i can see your form in http://www.asignaciones.org/contacto.html so i don't understand your question .

Please note the the php script is missing the last lines.

header("Location: thankyou_page.html");

?>
                          Navaldesign

Comment

Hi! I'm sorry. The page showing as contacto is not the one I'm referring to. I created a new page with a form on it to replace the one you saw. I tried to publish the new one but couldn't. I got confused and thought this page was in Blue FTP but it is not. It is still in my program waiting to be published. I'll go back to that form to check the script, I'll try to publish again and I'll let you know. Thanks for your patience. Sorry I got you confused but this is like chinese language to me. I've got a busy week so I won't be able to work on this until the weekend. Bye for now.
                            Anani
                            asignaciones.org

Comment

Working...
                            X