Linked Text/Header/Nav/ Color Change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linked Text/Header/Nav/ Color Change

I am almost done designing my website and i am excited about my work. I just have one problem. I 'll try to explain it as much as i can.
    I am using the template # [m-209a]. I love it and everything have been going well so far.
    Now the template as you can see have a thick top horizontal header. I had a horizontal Navbar built right inside that horizontal header. And i used white as the text color and it came out very good.
    But when i tried to link the text to the the main page. for example: linking about us link on homepage to about page, after linking the text color changed to blue instead of white that it was before the link. Now since the header is blue, having another blue text just made the text almost invisible. I highlighted it and click on text color icon on the tool bar, to try to change the text to white, it just would not change from blue to white. Is there any other way to change the text color on that blue header to white. I tried to fix it by going to the "edit my hyperlink" window, choose "edit style" in appearance. My style 1, the linked color is white, and even the hover color is white, but the text in my homepage nav bar just remained blue. But when i unlinked it, by delecting the link code in the URL box, the color changed back to white.

I am feeling completely frustrated about this. It is holding up my lauch. Please respond ASAP
    This is my second request for help today. Havent recieved a reply for the first one. Please reply ASAP, i need to complete this design today.
    Last edited by obdbluevoda; 08-09-2005, 03:16 PM. Reason: Second Post, Not Sure You Got First One

Link Color

[QUOTE=obdbluevoda]I am almost done designing my website and i am excited about my work. I just have one problem. I 'll try to explain it as much as i can.
    I am using the template # [m-209a]. I love it and everything have been going well so far.
    Now the template as you can see have a thick top horizontal header. I had a horizontal Navbar built right inside that horizontal header. And i used white as the text color and it came out very good.
    But when i tried to link the text to the the main page. for example: linking about us link on homepage to about page, after linking the text color changed to blue instead of white that it was before the link. Now since the header is blue, having another blue text just made the text almost invisible. I highlighted it and click on text color icon on the tool bar, to try to change the text to white, it just would not change from blue to white. Is there any other way to change the text color on that blue header to white. I tried to fix it by going to the "edit my hyperlink" window, choose "edit style" in appearance. My style 1, the linked color is white, and even the hover color is white, but the text in my homepage nav bar just remained blue. But when i unlinked it, by delecting the link code in the URL box, the color changed back to white.

I am feeling completely frustrated about this. It is holding up my lauch. Please respond ASAP
    This is my second request for help today. Havent recieved a reply for the first one. Please reply ASAP, i need to complete this design today.

Pardon my long email, just wanted to be sure you understand my problem

Comment

First make sure you have downloaded BlueVoda 7.01

By default all hyperlinks in your webpage use the default HTML link colors (link:blue, visited:purple, active: red, hover:blue).

BlueVoda gives you the option to customize the way hyperlinks will be displayed in the browser by introducing the Hyperlink Style Sheet Editor.

1. Select Format|Hyperlink Style Sheet from the menubar
      2. Click Add to add a new hyperlink style.
      3. Customize the colors of the hyperlink by clicking on the appropriate link. A hyperlink has four states (linked, visited, active and hover) so you may have to change the color for all 4 states.
      4. Give the style a nice name like 'cool_link'
      3. Click OK to save.
      4. Select a link and change the Style from the dropdown list to 'cool_link
      5. Publish or preview the page to view the effect.

Note: the link styles become active when you publish or preview your page. BlueVoda will always show links in blue.
      Forum Moderator
      BlueVoda Spe******t

Comment

tried this 100 times exactly as you wrote it, but it is not switching over. How do you make it the default value?

Comment

There is no easier way to explain it.

Notes:
          1. make sure you have downloaded BlueVoda 7.01
          2. the link styles become active when you publish or preview your page. BlueVoda will always show links in blue.

If your problem remains, give us your URL and we will take a look at it.
          Forum Moderator
          BlueVoda Spe******t

Comment

www.runningmaryland.com It is the hyperlinks directly below the large running picture at the top of the page. I have 7.01 and a few of us have tried it and can't get it to take.

Originally posted by Pablo
            There is no easier way to explain it.

Notes:
            1. make sure you have downloaded BlueVoda 7.01
            2. the link styles become active when you publish or preview your page. BlueVoda will always show links in blue.

If your problem remains, give us your URL and we will take a look at it.

Comment

I do not see any of the links which using the defined hyperlink styles.
              Are you sure you have selected the style from the dropdown menu in the hyperlink properties?
              Forum Moderator
              BlueVoda Spe******t

Comment

Yes,

I'm hilighting the style and hitting OK

I've also tried just hilighting the text and then choosing the style and hitting OK
                still doesn't work.

I do not see any of the links which using the defined hyperlink styles.
                Are you sure you have selected the style from the dropdown menu in the hyperlink properties?

Comment

If you go back to the same link, is the selected style than still highlighted?

To be sure I've imported your page into BlueVoda and checked all your links but they worked perfectly for me.

Can you create a simple new page with only a small piece of text and try to change the link color of that?
                  Forum Moderator
                  BlueVoda Spe******t

Comment

When I go back to the hilighted text, the style is not highlighted.

OPened up a new page and tried with a small piece of text. same problem.

I redownloaded 7.0.1 and still no luck.

Is it time to drop the computer out the back window?

If you go back to the same link, is the selected style than still highlighted?

To be sure I've imported your page into BlueVoda and checked all your links but they worked perfectly for me.

Can you create a simple new page with only a small piece of text and try to change the link color of that?

Comment

To me it looks like you're still using 7.0.0

- Uninstall 7.0.0
                      - Reboot your pc
                      - install 7.0.1
                      - make sure it's 7.0.1 by looking in the aboutbox
                      - start a new page and try again.
                      Forum Moderator
                      BlueVoda Spe******t

Comment

Originally posted by bjaeger
                        Yes,

I'm hilighting the style and hitting OK

I've also tried just hilighting the text and then choosing the style and hitting OK
                        still doesn't work.
                        Do your style names have more than one word? If so, make sure they are named as such: style_1. All words connected by an underscore.
                        My NASCAR Forum

Comment

Working...
                        X