Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Backup a single folder

Hi,

Is there a way to backup a single folder, not the whole public_html?

For instance, if I have several domains/subdomains in my account, is it possible to backup each of them separately as archives, the same way I backup databases?

If CPanel can't do it, can you suggest an open source [php] script that could help? I've tried using an FTP client, but it's a very slow process...

Thank you.

Re: Backup a single folder

If you want to back up a folder on your site, create a backup folder (even outside public_html) and then go in CP, select the folder, on the top right corner you have the options to Rename, Delete, Copy, Move etc. Select Copy, and the screen will automatically refresh asking where to copy the folder. Just select the "backup" folder, and your entire folder will be copied there.

If you want to back it up on your own computer, a php script will not be faster than FTP, as it all depends on the connection speed.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Re: Backup a single folder

Thank you for your prompt reply!

I was under the impression that using a server side script would reduce the time of the backup, since it compresses the whole folder into one single file before downloading. For instance, public_html is 150 MB but the downloaded file (.tar.gz) is about 25 MB.

I'm hoping to find something similar to WebShell that's included in HSphere. No luck yet...

Comment

Working...
      X