Publishing a second web site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Publishing a second web site

Hello. I hope this isn't a stupid question. I worked really hard on my web site using Blue Voda (love it; very easy to use) and i published it. All is great. Now i want to publish a second web site. I have the domain name; i've added it to the DNS (if that's the right language). I am in the process of building the site with Blue Voda again. My question is, when i publish it, do i use the same user name, password, and server IP that i used for my original web site and that was given to me when i first joined Vodahost?

If not, how do i obtain a new server IP? Thanks.

P.S. I'm afraid to just try to publish the first page because i don't want to mess up my original web site, but i'm pretty sure it won't because they have different domain names.

Jen

Re: Publishing a second web site

Do i use the same user name, password, and server IP that i used for my original web site and that was given to me when i first joined Vodahost?

Yes. But please take care: if you have added the new domain name as addondomain in your account, a new folder has been created automatically, inside your "public_html" folder. This new folder is named after your new domainname. So, when you publish, you need to enter in the "Folder" field of the Publish Dialog Box: " public_html/newsitename " . This way the pages of the new site will be published in the new site folder and will not get mixed up with the old site pages. Also, your homepage for the new site must also be called "index".

Also create a similarly named folder in your computer, inside the BlueVoda folder, and save the new site pages there.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
    X