This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My biggest wish at the moment....

I've wanted this for awhile as it's been bugging the snot out of me (as much as I love BlueVoda).....

PUT THE LIST OF FONT CHOICES IN ALPHABETICAL ORDER!!!!! This has made my web design much harder than it should be. As I use other graphic design packages for business cards, brochures, and such, this would make my life much easier!!

Thanks for listening to my little rant....you guys are great.
    Terri
    www.ice-tropic.com
    www.janebondtravel.com
    www.theazfoodcritic.com

Re: My biggest wish at the moment....

Originally posted by jane bond
    I've wanted this for awhile as it's been bugging the snot out of me (as much as I love BlueVoda).....

PUT THE LIST OF FONT CHOICES IN ALPHABETICAL ORDER!!!!! This has made my web design much harder than it should be. As I use other graphic design packages for business cards, brochures, and such, this would make my life much easier!!

Thanks for listening to my little rant....you guys are great.

Ditto. It is a pain. I know the Voda team have sensibly placed the most common ones 1st, but it dives you made if your looking for an odd one that you use on a site. What would be even nicer! Is for the font you use the most to be placed at the front of the menu if required?

Chris.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

VodaHost:

If you do reorganize the font menu I think it would save time for everyone if you could add a code after the font style reflecting which popular browsers accept that particular font.

Comment

Originally posted by jane bond

Hi Jane,

Be careful with your choice of fonts. You may have say the Niamey font installed on your machine and as you like it a lot, you decide to use it for your site. But... if your visitors don't have that font installed, the browser will use the default font which will completely mess up your page layout.

Stick to the most common fonts such as:

The Sans-serif family
        Arial, Verdana, Geneva, Helvetica, sans-serif

The Serif family
        Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif

The Monospace family
        Courier New, Courier, monospace

Most of these common font are listed in alpha order in BV (from Arial down to Verdana). Using any other fancy font for a webpage is taking a hell of a risk.

Dan

Comment

Working...
        X