This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• return e-mail problems

I set up my POP3 e-mail account to be forwarded to outlook express. I can receive e-mail from my site and it is received in outlook express. When I try to reply, I get an error message:

The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'Consult', Server: 'mail.simplelifestyles.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

What to do?

Thanks

Nancy
    Nancy

www.theorganizedzone.com

Re: return e-mail problems

Pleasehavea look at http://support.microsoft.com/default...;en-us;q191687
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

I read the instructions...I am not sure how to open a command prompt on the exchange server computer. I have a desktop PC. This is where I receive and send my mail.
      Nancy

www.theorganizedzone.com

Comment

The Error:

The connection to the server has failed. Account 'mail.yourdomain.com', Server: 'mail.yourdomain.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10051, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E.

So your webhosting clients or even yourself are having problems sending e-mail using Outlook or any other E-Mail client that uses SMTP. The problem is not normally the client nor your web server, it is the ISP. Some ISPs will block SMTP port 25 for servers other than their own. They are trying to force you to use their servers to send mail. This will allow them to monitor you, and make sure you are not spamming. Disabling port 25 for everyone else makes sure you are not spamming through anyone elses server. (Unless of course you are using port 26 like we talk about below)

There are two ways to fix this problem.

1. Have the user use their ISPs SMTP Address.
        2. Have the ISP unblock Port 25 (call them)

Known ISPs Blocking Port 25
        -NetZero
        -Mindspring
        -MSN
        -Earthlink
        -Flashnet
        -MediaOne
        -AT&T
        -Verizon
        -Bell Sympatico
        -People PC
        -Verio
        -Comcast
        -Cox

The above was found with a Google search on the topic.
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
        X