Old Host/New Host

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old Host/New Host

I left my old website up with the "previous" host until I could complete the BV site. I have published all my pages and received the "Successful" notice. However, when I go to the site, I still see the old site, not the new stuff I just created. The domain stayed the same. How do I get rid of the old site? And how do I find my new site since it said I was successful?

Thanks for you help and patience.

The domain is www.lonestarcrafters.com
    Rose
    www.lonestarcrafters.com

Re: Old Host/New Host

Hi Rose,

Name Server.......... ns1.50megs.com
    Name Server.......... ns2.50megs.com

Your domain is pointing at these nameservers (which belong to the previous hoster)

You need to enter your Control Panel with them, and change the nameservers (DNS) to point to your VodaHost account servers. If you don't know how to do it, or if they don't provide such a possibility, just call them and ask them to do it for you.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

I have done as you said. I have even cancelled the account with the old host, and the old site remains. What next?
      Rose
      www.lonestarcrafters.com

Comment

It can take a few days for it to move - where is your domain name held? You can cancel that account - but you need to point the nameservers from where-ever the domain name is held to Voda.
        Beth
        A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
        SEO - The Basics

Comment

I'm afraid that your name servers are still the same. Check with http://www.dnsstuff.com/

You probably didn't save the changes (?). Check again
          Navaldesign
          Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
          X