images and people

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• images and people

I want to file all my pictures, artists, models in forms that I can keep on updating. Is there a way withblue voda to create a form with different level of membership with an admin level where I can enter any ongoing activity and notes. Is it safe to keep thousands of contacts and valuable info on vodahost server?

Re: images and people

Hi, sounds like you want a database with a member’s ship script to control what different members can see? Setting this up all depends on how many records & category’s you need to create & how you want each person that comes to your site to have access to these items.
    So you may have to be a little more descriptive on what your aim is for this part.
    As for keeping personal details about people on your site? Someone else may have to answer this part. But it’s my understanding that it should NOT be done. This sort of info should be kept by you at your office/home. I know I would not want my address & personal details on web pages even if it was behind as name & password area. What you could do is make a database up with images & some details about the artist/model, but then have a request more info button on each artist page so you can vet each inquire. I think you maybe after something similar to a shopping cart! But without the pricing bits and pieces. And then a control of which department certain visitors can enter.
    With a cart style of database you can change the image’s & update details at any time you may wish to.

Only some ideas.

Chris.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Re: images and people

Collecters-Info is right, but you might want to try this. After you recieve your welcome E-mail you will see your Username and Password down at the bottom of the E-mail near your Billing Stats. Use those to log into your Control Panel. If you have trouble, send in a support ticket or E-mail saying you need your Username and Password for your Control Panel as I needed hem to do that for me. Click on the 'Fantastico' link and click on PhP. In the BlueVoda website builder itself click on the scrolls icon on the top tools menubar. Enter the PhP code which I don't know at the moment (Sorry for that lol!). Look it up or send in a support ticket. Then that might help. Or just password protect your site then have people register through the forums. Give them the Site Password. Don't password protect the http link Http://yourdomain.com/forums/ though. That should let them register. Hope that helps with your problem!

Comment

Working...
      X