Google adsense. :) please help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Google adsense. :) please help

Hey guys, I am going to have to shut down my website if I don't generate some money, so a few clicks on my small google ads would be very much appreciated. As you all remember, I am but a child, and cannot afford much. Thank you all.

Re: Google adsense. :) please help

Google will shut you down if they ever saw this post LOL and then you will never make anything :)

Here are some tips...

Try to think of ways to promote your site in order to get more visitors on to it rather than trying to promote the adverts that are on the site.

Try to get links on other websites of similar subjects

Join chat forums as you have done here and include your link in the signatures as you have done here

Add your link into an email signature so that the link is sent with every email you send. sending interesting email will probably mean it also gets forwarded to other people who will then also see your link. Extra special emails may gets forwarded lots of times to lots of people and that will distribute your link to every one of them.

Remeber.. if your site is new you cant expect it to make money over-night. Most websites still do not make much one after 12 months unless they are heavily marketed and advertised. It has always been a game of patience.

Do not blatantly ask for clicks on your adverts, this is a very big bad thing to do with Adsense and Google will cancel your Adsense account without even thinking about it.

Hope that helped, good luck :)

FPRULES

Comment

Yes, I understand your point fully, but google hasn't shut it down yet, and if they do, I will simply switch over to yahoo ads. I have had many a people come to my site, but nearly no clicks on any ads. Only clicks from friends of mine. I wouldn't be posting this if I weren't desperate. I have spent too many hours to watch my site eat a hole in my pocket, and cause me to put a road block on my site.

Comment

I am affraid there is no way around it my friend. Some my sites and some that I have made for other people have ads that get constant clicks and some have ads that maybe get one click per week. The only way to improve the amount of clicks is to improve the number of visitors. This can only be done by putting the word about.

I just had a look at your site. The thing with it is that the ads are not clear and defined, they sit right at the bottom of the page almost and you might get more clicks if they were seen eaiser by your visitors.

Place a different kind of ad unit rather than just a link unit. Click my bugfight link below to get an idea of what I mean (you will have to go into the first page when you get there to see the ads). You will notice that they are very definied and easy to see, this helps me get more clicks. Also by clicking the fprules link you will see that I have put ads right at the top, this also seems to work well.

However you organise it though you will find that it takes a little time for your site to become popular, there isn't a way around that unless you want to spend more money on advertising etc.

EDIT: Hmmm, I just checked, for some reason there is an ad display problem on the bugfight site which I will have to resolve but you can see what I mean making your ads stand out which should encourage more clicks.

FPRULES

Comment

Yeah, I know what you mean. I am beginning to think that I have dug myself into a money black hole. :( I am still a kid, and I suppose that this is a good experience, however tough it is. My alexa rank for instance has gone down to like 618,000 wich is incredible for me, and I have had 2,500+ visitors, which is another feat.

Comment

well then, if they are going to shut me down, could a mod please edit my first post? Thanks.

Comment

It is unlikely that you will be found out by by Google because of this thread mate. Also if you are seen to be taking advice about not requesting clicks and also following the Adsense rules then they can be quite lenient but you have to be making the effort to follow the rules.

your page rankings will change constantly. Rankings are not a pure science in fact I have never seen anything more randomised than page rankings.

2500 visitors for a site that is so new is quite good. Keep going at it and things will work out in the end. I think you might mean 2500 page clicks rather than actual visitors but if you do mean actual visitors then you are worrying over nothing. Just make sure your ads are easy to see and you will get more clicks.

You are soooo right, it is all a learning experience and eventually you will find ways to do certain things on your site that work well and at the same time you will find ways to do things that definitely will not work and as a result you will learn to automatically stay away from those unworkable things.

I would recommend having a strip of ads (120wide x 600high ad unit) down one side of your page. See how it works for a month then if you need to try something else to see if it works better. Chopping and changing like this will show you which ad units work best for that site. But beware, ad units that work well on one particular site might not work so well on another site. You will find that different strategies work better and worse on different site designs.

Also, stop worrying about being so young :) :) :) its a good thing that you got into design at a young age because you have given yourself more potential for the future

;)

FPRULES

Comment

thanks for the advice... I changed te ads a bit, so tell me what you think. :) I think that they are better, but that is but one opinion.

Comment

i too am only young ( compared to vasili) and i too am skint , poor so please can you all visit my sites and buy lots of things thanks
                  The get vasili to join our forum campaign has begun

www.thatgoodsite.com and our forum of fun also starring my hero vasili
                  Weve got movies,arcade,radio,T.V,chat,music,funny vids,jokes and lots and lots of fun for free

Comment

The ads look much better Pemdas. They are definitely more noticeable but you still might find little extra in the way of clicks because they are so far down the page. Try using a different back ground colour too.

you can have a maximum of 3 ad units on each page so you still are not doing everything possible to get the maximum number of clicks. I would suggest leaving that ad unit where it is and also adding another at the top, below your menu but above the blue writing. also make them wider so that more ads are displaying

EDIT: Pemdas I just realised why your site isnt working. Its called electronics4dummies which gives the impresson that you are supplying elctronics info for beginners. The thing is that there isnt any electronics info on the site at all. For your site to work you must offer content for your visitors to be involved with

FPRULES

Comment

yes, I have realised that I have but one guide publushed, and that shall change soon, but I am beginning to get very busy... Also, I do get a lot of visits, at least 15-30 a day... I do have a friend currently making a guide on cell phones... Suppose I should put a coming soon link.

Comment

A coming sooon advert is recommend. it will encourage people to come back later. just one thing though. dont put a coming soon advert on the site then leave it for a long time, it will annoy people. if you add COMING SOON then it really does have to be coming soon eg inside a wekk.

FPRULES

Comment

that is very good advice, for I would never dream of puting up a coming soon sign and have it come in a month, that would cause people to not check back.

Comment

OK, so I bet no one's going to like what I have to say here, but I NEVER NEVER click on the ads on my own site, or get anyone else to click on them. And its not just because I don't want to get kicked off of the program!

First of all, you're not robbing Google, but the poor s*ds who pay for the ads to try and generate visitors to their sites. I put myself in their position, if I was paying to place the ads, would I want anyone clicking on them to get income for nothing? No, I certainly would not! We;re all trying to make a few bucks from websites after all - so spare a thought for those who are using adsense as a way of generating traffic. They're not there just to give you extra money!

Secondly, if the system is abused then the advertisers will just dry up - I'm afraid I side with Google when they remove people who they are suspicious about.

Earning money from Adsense won't happen unless you have a site which attracts high paying key word ads - I get a lot of clicks on one of my sites, but as the ads only pay about 3 cents each I don't get much from it!

Don't try and cheat - spend your time making good content sites and having a good SEO program. That was you will increase your visitors, your genuine clicks, and earn a few bucks which will hopefully pay for your hosting!
                            Trish
                            www.Limebrook.com
                            www.MountainWalk.co.uk
                            www.MyBeardedDragons.co.uk
                            www.TucsonForBeginners.com
                            www.Pets4kids.info

Comment

I completely agree with Trish, I also never click my own ads, primarily because I dont want to be kicked out of Adsense but also for the other great reasons that she highlighted.

Somebody somewhere is paying for the ad's that appear on your/my/our sites and it really shouldn't be abused especially by way of asking people to click your ad's who won't even look at the site they are taken to from your site.

FPRULES

Comment

Working...
                              X