This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Couldn't Connect to Blue FTP

Please bear with me, as I want to say exactly what happened, so that you would know how to help.

First, in my account notification email, I was issued a temporary FTP address. But when I tried logging in to my FTP, the login window came with a different automatic address. I assumed that the automatic one is the real deal. Is this assumption right?

Second, I then tried connecting to the Blue FTP but my Norton Personal Firewall blocked the effort. I clicked on "permit" and then things started happening as stated below:

1. A small window appeared -

FTP Connect
    The attempt to connect to the FTP server failed. Last server response: 530 authentication failed. Sorry.
    View the Trace Window for more details [Menu->Remote->Trace Window]

2. I went to the Trace Window and it said:

Connecting to 70. **. ***. * [Pardon me, I have to block this - not ready yet]
    >>220 -----Welcome to Pure FTP d [TLS]----
    >>220 - You are user number 1of 50 allowed
    >>220 - Local time is now 19.13. Server port: 21
    >>220 - This is a private system - No anonymous login
    >>220 - Pv6 connections are welcome to this server
    >> You will be disconnected at 15 mins of inactivity

3. Then came:

>>USER myusername
    >>331 User myusername OK. Password required
    >>PASS mypassword
    >>530 Authentication failed, sorry
    !! Failed to login [In red]

Please can anyone tell me what I am not doing right; Is it possible that the temporary/automatic FTP addresses have anything to do with this? How do I log in to Blue ftp? Advice very urgently needed.
    Thanking you in advance. SORRY THIS IS LONG!
    Bless
    Jahman

Re: Couldn't Connect to Blue FTP

Blue FTP is a tool in Blue Voda to upload file extensions to support your webpages that are created in Blue Voda.
    If you are trying to Publish your Blue Voda web pages, you must always use the PUBLISH feature in BV....NOT the BlueFTP tool.

In your VH Account cPanel, you also havea File Manager function to manage your files in the public_html/ section (primary root directory) of your web hosting account. You can access your account this way to "clean up" unwanted files or loads, but again, it is NOT the means to Publish a BV created webpage.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Thanks, but I was not publishing [I have not even gotten to that stage]. I was just at the early stage of uploading my files from my system to my root directory.

It is the connection to FTP that failed

Comment

530 Authentication failed

What directory are you publishing to??? Does it say public_html ?

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

A 530 error, can also occur if, accidentaly, you have added a blank space after your password. Re-type your password very carefully and try again.
          Navaldesign
          Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Jahman:

I had similar problem. Every thing is automatic, but you still need to select the correct IP address for your server ( the same one that connects you to the control panel. On the top of that pop up is a selestion of IP addresses make sure it's on your IP address. Hope we have similar solutions.

Comment

Sorry it took a while to acknowledge all your helpful responses. Lost my dad and therefore left BV for sometime. However, on resuming, I cannot connect to any FTP, be it Blue, Cute or whichever.

My IP Address is 74.52.61.194, [also stated as my temporary FTP Address in my welcome mail] while my automatic FTP Address is 70.86.134.194 [as seen in BlueFTP – Tools>FTP Manager>Connect] Aren’t they supposed to be the same? That’s as far as I get and then the failure notification.

Let me really clarify that I am not PUBLISHING to the web. Please go back to the tutorial on Blue FTP; I am at the point where it makes a connection, before transferring files from local to public_html folders, after which you disconnect.

I have even downloaded the OsCommerce shopping cart via fantastico and attempted configuring the home page. I followed the tutorial to the letter, but I did not find any FTP client to help me accomplish the task.
              Please I desperately need help.
              Thanks in advance
              Jahman

Comment

Sorry about your loss.

Please check again your IP address. There is no such thing as "Automatic" FTP address: that's a drop down list, with many IP addressses, you have to manually select the correct one. (which probably is 74.52.61.194 as you stated).
                Navaldesign
                Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thank you Navaldesign
                  By automatic, I guess I mean the numbers that come up by default. [BleuFTP tutorial says once you click on “connect” the dialog displays your IP Address automatically. Maybe I got it wrong].

If I try publishing, the drop down menu of the “Publish Web Page” dialog shows the following IP Addresses:

70.86.134.194 – [Default]

The same IP Addresses show up in the drop down menu of the connect dialog of
                  BlueFTP, and with the same default.
                  However, my IP Address, according to my welcome mail is 74.52.61.194, which is also my Temporary FTP Address [according to the welcome mail]. But it does not show up anywhere, [except in the cPanel login of Vodahost] and I cannot manually add it to the list of IP Addresses!
                  My questions therefore are:
                  • How come my IP Address is not appearing anywhere? This means I can't publish, right?
                  • Why is the default IP Address70.86.134.194 instead of 74.52.61.194?
                  • What is meant by the term “Temporary FTP Address? Should there be a permanent one?
                  Thanks again.
                  Bless
                  Jahman

Comment

Ok, this happens because VH adds new servers all the time. You have to download again and install the latest BV version, which will have the new IP addresses included (yours as well). The IP address selection is not automatic, you need to select the correct one from the dropdownlist, the first time. After that, it will be "memorized" and it will be the default IP address for as long as you don't change it for any reason.

Temporary means that your account is being setup at this very time period. It will become permanent as soon as the setup process is complete.
                    Navaldesign

Comment

Thanks. I'll try that and let you know

Comment

Nice one.

I 've done as you said and it worked exactly as you explained. My IP is now in the dropdown list and I can now connect to Blue FTP.

Mighty thanks
                        Bless
                        Jahman

Comment

Naval saves the day....AGAIN!...thread closed.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                          02036089024 / United Kingdom
                          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
                          X