Secured Front Page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Secured Front Page

Hmmm ... not all that sure what I am talking about here so if you can figure what I am asking, I'd appreciate help with the answer ...

When you are just browsing a page on someone's website you are able to go up to file and click edit with microsoft front page. This allows anyone to copy what you have on your page to their own computer. I notice on a few sites, not necessarily done here or not done here, but when you do this a pop up box comes up asking for password, therefore this locks the page to the user that they are unable to copy your page.

My question ... can we do this to our pages that we create here in blue voda, and also if we can is it something we have to put on every page or just somewhere in our program or directory ...???

Thanks

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Re: Secured Front Page

Try puting this (between head tag) in page HTML. Not sure if it will stop front page?. You can change the message in the scipt.

Chris.

<script type="text/javascript">
    <!--
    var message="You can NOT right click here"; // Your no right click message here
    var closeWin="1"; // Do you want to close window after message (1 for yes 0 for no)
    // JavaScript by
    // Published at:
    function IE(e)
    {
    if (navigator.appName == "Microsoft Internet Explorer" && (event.button == "2" || event.button == "3"))
    {
    alert(message); if(closeWin == "1") self.close();
    return false;
    }
    }
    function NS(e)
    {
    if (document.layers || (document.getElementById && !document.all))
    {
    if (e.which == "2" || e.which == "3")
    {
    alert(message); if(closeWin == "1") self.close();
    return false;
    }
    }
    }
    document.onmousedown=IE;document.onmouseup=NS;docu ment.oncontextmenu=new Function("return false");
    //-->
    </script>
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Re: Secured Front Page

Cgris code will stop right clicks but it wont prevent the problem of downloading pages especially into the FrontPage program. The only thing you can do is rest in the knowledge that the pages cannot be uploaded again to your site without your username and password login details.

Even if all these programs did not have a download site option people can just right click and view source (unbless you use the code above) then copy the source code to a blank page of their own. All they need to do then is grab your pics and logos and the page is duplicated.

FPRULES

Comment

Working...
      X