Transparency Problem!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transparency Problem!!!

Hi there, i am new to BlueVoda, and am in the process of building my first website.

The buttons for my website essentially comprise of some fancy text (made in photoshop) with a transparent background. I want the mouse over image to be exactly the same image (transparent background), only with a diffrerent colour font.

However when I create the two images in BV, the original image is fine -(transparent), yet the mouseover image has a white background behind it.

I don't understand this as both images had the transparency set in photoshop and both are gifs. Can someone please help??? It's driving me mad!!!

Re: Transparency Problem!!!

Usually a white background is a sign that setting the transparency has failed. Preview the original image in windows viewer to see if it has transparent background or not.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

I followed your advice:- I started from scratch, created two images with transparent backgrounds in photoshop, previewed them in windows viewer, (they are both transparent), yet the same problem is happening in BV- it only happens with the mouseover button.

Comment

How are you puting these transparent gifs in your page ? As rollovers or as buttons? I mean, are you building a menubar with these gifs inserted in the BV button library, or are you puting every button independently from the others as a rollover ?
        Navaldesign
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

I'm inserting the gifs into the BV navbar library as buttons

Comment

I beleive this is a problem of how you insert them. Take a look at this. The first two are in the navbar library, so these two are independent menu bars, the second two are iserted as rollovers. They second work ok. I have put an image under them, so the transparency can be seen.

I beleive that the problem is that BV takes the picture as background, but it then converts it in another gif (bv.xxxxx.gif) which is NOT saved as transparent gif. Insert them as rollovers.
            Navaldesign

Comment

Nice one thanks. Seems to work fine now- your a life saver!

Comment

Working...
              X