Adsense program has booted me out.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adsense program has booted me out.

I recieved an email today saying my Adsense account has been terminated.

They said they found a IP address performing massive clicks on my website, which is against the rules. I am not sure who did this and probably will never find out.

This is a warning to everyone else using Adsense, be sure no one is clicking ads that are "invalid". They will cancel your account even if you had nothing to do with it.

I think it is pretty low to cancel my account due to someone elses doing, but what can I do about it? There is nothing I can do, therefore I will replace googles ads with better content.

Thanks for the $28.90 adsense!
    ::Steven.H::

Steven,

This is something that's become quite common with AdSense, and most times, it's a result of someone intentionally clicking links on his own site to drive up his EPC. I don't know you well, but I know enough about you from reading your posts on this forum to know that this is not the case with you.

I have a question, however; Do you use the Google Web Accelerator on your pc? If you do, then I would be willing to bet you money that's your culprit, and you can probably get reinstated to the AdSense program quite easily. If you don't use the accelerator, then it's worth checking your site's IP stats to look for anything "fishy", but I'm sure you've already done that.
    Take care.
    My NASCAR Forum

Comment

I contacted google.

I know I have clicked a few of the ads on my website, not to get money, but to see competitors ideas. I thought a IP block was in place so that these clicks would not count, obviously not.

In addition to these few clicks I made, someone else has either been trying to harm my business or trying to be friendly.

I think google needs to put in a better procedure to tell if a click is valid or invalid. If you were angry at someone, you can easily get their adsense account terminated by simply clicking ads.

Hopefully google will understand and reset my account.

Comment

And that's why I asked about the Google Web Accelerator, because it doesn't actually "accelerate" surfing the web, it makes you think it's speeding things up by basically clicking on every single link of every single page you visit, and then storing the results for quick viewing. Something like this can (and has been proven to) result in bogus link clicks in a variety of situations. Good luck, and I hope you get it straightened out with them.
        My NASCAR Forum

Comment

I need to ask steven h a question

sorry this has nothing to do with ads but when you go to your website, on the top the internet explorer thing - you know, well it says Outward Creations nomatter what page you click on and Mine doesnt - mine says the whatever the title of the page is.. for example: your's says outward creations - microsoft internet explorer. mine will say guest book- microsoft internet explorer or if im on the home page - index - microsoft.......you get the picture, just wonderin how u did that
          ~Ashleigh~

Comment

Open the page you want to change and go to page properties and change the title of your page. :)
            Ruth

http://www.okose.com
            Professional Web design/development and Graphic Design

Comment

Thankyou

Thanks I've got it now
              ~Ashleigh~

Comment

Google finally contacted me regarding the situation today. It has probably been a week since the incident.

They said they think it is wrong to validate my account due to the safety they want to provide their customers.

I understand completely and will find a even better program to join.

Comment

So sorry to hear this Steven! You can join so many graphic design directories and exchange links with them or do affiliate programmes with them..do you want me to help you look for some?
                  Ruth

http://www.okose.com
                  Professional Web design/development and Graphic Design

Comment

google

There are plenty of minor PPC companies that will be happy to have your business. Some let you bid as low as a penny per click. And they don't give you the grief that Google does. Just do a little searching. Stay away from Gogle and O*****re. So you don't get as many eyeballs - you also have a corresponding reduction in advertising competition. It evens out.

And why should I have to spend my time fretting over whether my listings make their CTR or get deleted. Who is the paying advertiser - them or me?

Reminds me of my yellow page advertising - The official Verizon pages put me through hoops. For example, I had a construction company and they have no "Additions" category - and wouldn't put one in or me. Like Americans don't put additions on their home? Isn't that a bigger business category than "Handwriting Analysis" - which has a category? So anyway, I contacted Yellow Book. They said "we'll put that category in for you."

Now, who has better customer service???????????

Comment

rcanfiel is correct, there is no shortage of ppc programs on the net to promote.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                      02036089024 / United Kingdom
                      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

I will have to search for another PPC.

Thanks for the information.

Comment

Re: Adsense program has booted me out.

unfortunately adsense has one of the biggest bids per click...
                          Free Short URL service.
                          Free Invisible Hit Counter service.
                          Free Blog Host service

Comment

Working...
                          X