How Can I Make A Forum?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Can I Make A Forum?

Is making a forum just a matter of designing another page to your liking and making all the links. It seems like it may be more involved that but I'm not sure. Does BV have a tool bar item that helps with this? I'm just looking for something pretty simple and not too elaborate. Just enough for visitors to chat back and for and post their thoughts of the site, etc.

Thanks,
    Travis
    ID: 11830
    www.steadyracing.net

Forum Menace!

Re: How Can I Make A Forum?

Click the below...

phpBB forum tutorials about how to set up and configure your community with phpBB Forum

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thanks for the link.
      ID: 11830
      www.steadyracing.net

Forum Menace!

Comment

Moving to forum section.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

i once saw some one make one once on a kids programe called blue peter out of paper mache and sticky tape????????? but i dont think thats any good to you is it
          The get vasili to join our forum campaign has begun

www.thatgoodsite.com and our forum of fun also starring my hero vasili
          Weve got movies,arcade,radio,T.V,chat,music,funny vids,jokes and lots and lots of fun for free

Comment

No allstar it wasn't Blue Peter it was Mappie.

Comment

I've heard of a new phpbb program coming out. Am I doing the right thing
              waiting for the new program to come out before building my forum?

P.S. has everyone seen Racefan20's newest forum. Danny has really out done himself.

Comment

Load it now, Rob....VH already has version 2.2, and version 3 is still in Beta with more problems than it's worth trying to debug.....
                (This from the combined experience of Alien, Race, and myself)
                . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Originally posted by circuspet.com
                  I've heard of a new phpbb program coming out. Am I doing the right thing
                  waiting for the new program to come out before building my forum?

P.S. has everyone seen Racefan20's newest forum. Danny has really out done himself.
                  I agree with Vasili. Go ahead and install phpBB now if you're ready for a forum. Once phpBB3 is finally bug free and ready for general use, upgrading will be pretty simple.
                  My NASCAR Forum

Comment

tried phpbb3, isn't working for me.., not having much luck with this forum thing... :(

http://www.beebrothers.org

Success is not a doorway. It is a staircase.

Comment

Originally posted by Vasili
                      VH already has versio
                      arent we using vBulletin here? or were you referring to Fantastico?

Comment

Yeah this is vBulletin. Vasili was talking about VH has v 2.2 available on Fantastico.

Register/Login Script
                        Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

Originally posted by beebrothers View Post
                          tried phpbb3, isn't working for me.., not having much luck with this forum thing... :(

http://www.beebrothers.org/forum
                          If is a phpBB3 Install that error line your getting is to do the language files, and as you have install/index.php i take it you were trying to install from scratch.
                          1/ make sure all the folders and all files with-in the folders were uploaded.
                          2/ create a database giving it a username and password.
                          once you have double checked both then open your browser and go to the forum the phpbb3 program will automatically notice that is a new install and take you to the install/index.php file were you will start your installation.
                          once you have finished the install remember to delete the install folder from your server.
                          then all you have to do is log-in to the admin and start setting it up, but remember that phpBB3 is still beta and you should check phpBB.com for the updated version of the beta until the final release.
                          i installed one earlier and have tinkering abit and come with this so far. so have fun. http://angies-cyberscripts.org/phpBB3/index.php

Comment

Working...
                          X