Please Check Out My Under Cons. Site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please Check Out My Under Cons. Site

HEY THERE i WAS FINALLY ABLE TO FIGURE OUT HOW TO VIEW MY NEW SITE. FOR WHATEVER REASON THE DOMAIN NAME lightningcycles.ca DOESN'T WORK YET BUT IF YOU USE THE TEMPORARY URL http://74.52.103.210/~cggzhkzf/ IT CAN BE VIEWED USING THE GOOGLE SEARCH ENGINE ONLY FOR NOW. I'M STILL TRYING TO FIGURE OUT HOW TO LINK THE MENU OPTIONS TO OTHER PAGES FOR MORE INFO BUT I AM SURE I'LL GET IT TOGETHER SOON. IF ANY ONE KNOWS HOW I CAN GET THE SITE TO APPEAR UNDER lightningcycles.ca I WOULD LOVE TO KNOW. THANKS FOR ANY OPINIONS YOU ALL MAY HAVE. KENB

Re: Please Check Out My Under Cons. Site

First you need to title the pages. Center page and also the text on buttons. I think that all caps is harder to read, and lower case just looks better. Maybe use some type of editor to size yout pixs. The lightening takes forever to load and maybe just a white background. Tried some links, not working, you're probably still working on that. I plan to visit again the start of the video is interesting. keep up the good work. No peddling , great.
    Choco777
    www.mayatabasco.com

Comment

Thanks For The Imput On The Site. I Am Going To Take In All Of Your Ideas And See How It All Works. It Is My First Web Site And I've Been Having A Pretty Good Time Putting It Together. Thanks Again Choco777... Kenb

Comment

Lot of work has gone into your site.
        Is www.lightningcycles.ca a new site or transfer?

-CAPS is the equivalent of yelling. You should change that, just copy to Word and change case.
        -Image on header is fuzzy along edges. Not sure if on purpose, if not, you can fix with Paint.net or PhotoShop.
        Bill
        www.blueearthtea.com
        www.ftaaconsulting.com
        www.iaval.com
        www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

This is a brand new site my 1st ever. I started working on it a week ago and still have alot to add. Do you mean the center paragraph should'nt be all in caps and as far as the logo I used font twister to generate a fuzzy electrified effect but if it does'nt look right it can always be altered.Thank's Bill

Comment

Choco777 is right in all what he said.

From my side, you have an attractive great product, you don't want to waste it like this, I suggest to keep your website so simple, try to remove that boxes that you took from the navbar, and organize things differently, honnestly I didn't know from where to start looking when I opened the page, I was confused, I only went to the video because it was easy to reach, keep this with you - K.I.S.S - means Keep It Silly and Simple.

Nice product.
            The Producer

Comment

So you guys think it may be a little too busy? I can try to make more white space instead of boxing every thing in. Perhaps I put too much on the home page and left nothing up the imagination. I should probably thin things out so people will want to seek through the rest of the site which is still yet to come.

Comment

for me, I'm talking in my view, it's toooooo busy, simplify things, remove that mix of colors and the gradient in the background, the logo is too much, in design and size as well, if you do some research on google or yahoo about website samples, you might find the style that you are looking for, get different ideas and use your imagination by mixing your creativity into simple things.
                The Producer

Comment

Site is looking good Kenb, I like the lightening, hee hee....Canadian eh?
                  Good job, glad you are having some fun.

Comment

Hi there,
                    You've done a lot of work so far.
                    I agree with most of what has already been said:
                    Lose the capitals throughout the site
                    I think you're working on it but when I click on a bike I want to get all the details about it, not just a bigger picture.
                    I would use the section headings from the main page (Choppers, Pocket Bikes etc) and one photo of each to direct the clients to the appropriate page of the site rather than having everything on there at once.
                    Personally I don't like black backgrounds unless you are a goth/deathmetal band or selling halloween stuff!
                    I couldn't see anything when I clicked on the video.
                    I hope you can resolve the domain name issue (too techie for me I'm afraid) and that you can iron out some of the issues mentioned on the forum.
                    The bikes look great and you've already done a lot of the hard work - keep at it.
                    Helga

www.compasslandscapes.com

Comment

Thanks for all your valuable input towards my site. It's taking a while but I think it's getting there. KenB Oh yeah lightningcycles.ca finally works

Comment

Working...
                      X