How can one embed hyperlinks in .gif which is part of web page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can one embed hyperlinks in .gif which is part of web page

I have a graphic file which I have imported into a web page. It is a .gif. It shows a map. I want to be able to have individual locations within the map to have individual hyperlinks, so that you can move your cursor over the map and click on the locations within it to then link to photos and text about that location. C'est possible within BlueVoda?

Cheers,

la borio

Re: How can one embed hyperlinks in .gif which is part of web page

Hi!
    When you import your image. Use the hotspot utility & not the normal image import. (that’s the one next to the import image button with the red lines on it in BV) From here you can start making hot spots on your image for different URL’s.
    Or the other alterative is to put small images of pins or bullets over your map with different links on each one?

Good luck

Chris.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Chris,

Thanks alot for the reply. I will give it a try and will let you know how I got on, however, I am not sure what you mean by the "hot spot utilty" ( an addtional tool like "pix resizer"?) but I will sniff around and see what I can dig up, and also try the other suggestion you mentioned, before posting another thread. You are just a user like myself, no?, you don't work for Vodahost?

Cheers,

Ray

Comment

Originally posted by la borio
        Chris,

Thanks alot for the reply. I will give it a try and will let you know how I got on, however, I am not sure what you mean by the "hot spot utilty" ( an addtional tool like "pix resizer"?) but I will sniff around and see what I can dig up, and also try the other suggestion you mentioned, before posting another thread. You are just a user like myself, no?, you don't work for Vodahost?

Cheers,

Ray
        Hi, when you import an image into BV that you want to have more than one link to it. You would import using the button next to the image import. (the one with red lines on it) When you have the image on the page, double click on it & you will see the hotspot function appear in the popup box. This enables you to place invisible/transparent shapes over your image. Then you can give each one of these shapes its own URL/address.

Chris.
        Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

if you want to see one at work check out the map on www.movingon1.com there are three hot spots on it - did it using the hotspot function icon
          Ann
          www.MovingOn1.com - My Travel
          www.BeadedCustomDesigns.com - Jewelry
          www.FantasyManorArtStudio.com - Leather Art

Comment

Working...
          X