Indexing my site issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indexing my site issues

I have asked about this issue before but I am still unclear on how to pull up my site http://lightningcycles.ca on any major search engine. After looking at posts from new members, there sites were up and running right after publishing. I was told it could take 4-8 weeks before my site is indexed. This is not good news to my investors. I was under the impression it would be instantly available. Can I contact each engine and ask to speed things up or should I stick to the trade show circuit and spend a fortune getting my name out there. Still waiting in Canada...Ken

Re: Indexing my site issues

Originally posted by kenb
    I have asked about this issue before but I am still unclear on how to pull up my site http://lightningcycles.ca on any major search engine. After looking at posts from new members, there sites were up and running right after publishing. I was told it could take 4-8 weeks before my site is indexed. This is not good news to my investors. I was under the impression it would be instantly available. Can I contact each engine and ask to speed things up or should I stick to the trade show circuit and spend a fortune getting my name out there. Still waiting in Canada...Ken
    There is no short cut around how quickly the search engines index your site. Yes it can take weeks if not months. Google usually do the initial indexing pretty quickly although it could take a lot longer before you show up in the top search results. Ask Jeeves can take absolutely months. Lycos and MSN are usually pretty on the ball too. Sometimes you can be lucky, our new site was indexed within two days of going live, but we'd got the name out there before we went live. Within six weeks we are showing up in the top ten search results (on the search string 'NASCAR forum') on several SE's. There is much you can do to 'speed' things along, including: joining forums, like this one, and using a link to your site as part of your signature. You can see what I mean below this post. The more you help people and post, especially on VH who have a SE friendly plug-in, the more your website name will get out there. You will also benefit from bonafide exchange links with established sites that have a natural affiliation to your site. Two excellent exchange link schemes, run by members of this forum, are Davidundalicia's and BlueVoda Exchange Link. These are both loved by the SE's. You need to ensure that your metatags and keywords are A+ too. You can get tips on this subject in the Search Engine Forum of this site.

I hope you find this useful and good luck.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

hey mand while your here i was indexed the other day yahoo google for that good site like that and it found me asap now im no where to be found ? any ideas
      oh maybe i typed thatgoodsite i think now sorry to bother you
      whats that place where i can find out where you are with google used it b4 but forgotten
      The get vasili to join our forum campaign has begun

www.thatgoodsite.com and our forum of fun also starring my hero vasili
      Weve got movies,arcade,radio,T.V,chat,music,funny vids,jokes and lots and lots of fun for free

Comment

Thank you sooo much Girlonthehill that was an excellent group of info that is priceless to me thanks for all that detailed info. Kenb

Comment

Gaz, Sorry, I don't know the answer to that, I tried Googling it but got way too much rubbish to wade through. Try as search here in the Search Engine forum.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Originally posted by kenb
            Thank you sooo much Girlonthehill that was an excellent group of info that is priceless to me thanks for all that detailed info. Kenb
            Ken, you are most welcome. Glad I could help.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Do you want your site indexed as: http://lightningcycles.ca or http://www.lightningcycles.ca - as neither shows up for me - so in your case, it's not that they aren't indexing you - you are not publishing them ??? The site will show up immediately if published - it's showing up in the indexes of searches that can take a long time.
              Beth
              A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
              SEO - The Basics

Comment

Working...
              X