Add on domain, unable to publish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Add on domain, unable to publish

Please help, I'm a complete novice at this.

I purchased my first domain www.cartechautomotive.c.uk along with the Voda hosting and use the Blue Vode web builder to build and publish, which I find fairly simple.

I've just brought www.clubaristo.co.uk which I have a forum on (was set up by Fantastico, which it really lives up to its name) but I cant upoad through the voda web builder as I don't have a separate username and password, it'll only upload to www.cartechautomotive.co.uk

I find using FTP really difficult as just don't understand it, but is it the only way?? or can I somehow use the web builder??

Please help.

Re: Add on domain, unable to publish

Originally posted by Cartechautomotive
    Please help, I'm a complete novice at this.

I purchased my first domain www.cartechautomotive.c.uk along with the Voda hosting and use the Blue Vode web builder to build and publish, which I find fairly simple.

I've just brought www.clubaristo.co.uk which I have a forum on (was set up by Fantastico, which it really lives up to its name) but I cant upoad through the voda web builder as I don't have a separate username and password, it'll only upload to www.cartechautomotive.co.uk

I find using FTP really difficult as just don't understand it, but is it the only way?? or can I somehow use the web builder??

Please help.
    If your new one is pointed correctly to the VodaHost servers then you can use the web builder and publish to it just like you can with your original domain. Build your pages as before BUT save them in a seperate sub directory (of BlueVoda) on your pc - so you don't get things mixed up! When you come to publish it should be as simple as adding /clubaristo onto the end of [Publish to] Public.html.

So: you will have your publish pop-up box which contains your:
    IP address:
    Login:
    Password:
    Publish to: public.html/clubaristo

I hope I have understood your question correctly and provided some help.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thanks for the reply, when trying that I get error 550--Can't change directory to public_html/clubaristo:no such file or directory??

Comment

Try these steps....

1. View this tutorial on creating a sub-domain.
        2. Go to your VH cPanel, create the subdomain as instructed.
        3. Make the proper DNS changes if domain is hosted elsewhere - Tutorials HERE
        4. Publish your "new" website/webpage using BV, adding the properly named sub-domain in the dialog box thus: public_html/clubaristo
        (Please remember to Title, Save, and Publish your sub-domain "Home" page as index, just as you did previously for your Primary domain)

Open your browser, visit your new site, refresh your browser - Viola!
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Thanks for the reply, when trying that I get error 550--Can't change directory to public_html/clubaristo:no such file or directory??
          Most probably you have one or more blank spaces after the public_html/clubaristo . Type it again from scratch taking care not to add accidentaly any blanks.

Vasili, addon, not subdomain. This can cause confusion. However, since
          I've just brought www.clubaristo.co.uk which I have a forum on (was set up by Fantastico, which it really lives up to its name)
          his site is already alive, which means steps 1 - 3 are not needed anymore.
          Navaldesign
          Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Something strange is happening, I managed to upload by re-typing, thanks for the tip, but it doesn't show on the WWW, the files do however show in my FTP thingy (sorry)

Anyway, now, I can't even upload to my original website, which I managed really easily before, and again the files show in the FTP but not on the WWW

www.cartechautomotive.co.uk/aristo should show car pictures, but just get a 404 error..............

Any ideas at all???

Regards
            Nick (read, a person up to his neck in the smelly stuff and sinking quick :D )

Comment

hahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahaha please excuse me I'm a retard (forgot I need to put html when typing the url )

Thanks all, tune in again this time next week :D

Comment

Working...
              X