Describe you internet connection positives

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Describe you internet connection positives

I have AOL, first month free, £15 thereafter. 1MB.

Free AOL spyware protection, which is the best ive seen.

Free Mcafee firewall, which is just good enough, that it wont conflict with windows. Also has a hackerwatch facility.

After 12 months, i get to keep the router, worth £55.

Of course, i get AOL, which normal ISP's cannot provide.

Re: Describe you internet connection positives

Juno & NetZero offers AOL users the opportunity to keep their AOL names at 1/2 the price of AOL for 100mb storage, and just recently announced (at least for US customers) they would no longer charge a monthly fee for broadband or cable access. Dialup users would still pay a fee, however, and will be lowered later this year (supposedly).

Other US cable companies seem to all hover around $39.99 a month, with various deals to lure a 1 year contract (like $19.99 a month first 6 months, $49.99/mo thereafter). Interestingly, they are all trying to "bundle" services (cable, cellular, TV) for $100/mo. in an effort to free up some hard-wire (dial-up) and DSL for business use, which is demanding more and more dedicated servicability......

Personally, I use Verizon's Global Satellite Wireless card for my laptops...I am converting all desktops to laptops, many with docking options at work (around $40/mo. per unit), and dedicate my Admin Workstation desktop via satellite service with Huges/DirecWay, defaulted with Parus for both voice (I have calls routed online during hours, and won't go Skype, Vonage, or other VoIP ways just yet) and cellular backup ($75/mo. per seat).

Most satellite services are available only from select ISP's, all of which can be "ghosted".... For instance my Huges/DirecWay - which is a true satellite setup - is through Earthlink, but I haven't seen their page or login for more than 2 years. The laptops connect via Verizon, and there again, the default page has been set to our Corporate webpage, which has a side for everyone to access email, training, etc. in a secure side. I even have a personal ISP service with Juno for "emergency" access in case I ever need it.....the same account I've had for more than 11 years!

Different accounts, different services for every need! And, I think the best overall values for the technologies I demand.

(I can't wait until VodaHost evolves into an ISP as well......there will be no comparison!)
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Broadband bundle internet-tv-phone. 14.14Mbps. For another $10/month could go to 30Mbps. haven't yet seen need.
      Not a big fan of AOL.
      Bill
      www.blueearthtea.com
      www.ftaaconsulting.com
      www.iaval.com
      www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

Hey!

Not a big fan of AOL either Bill! I am not an american citizen as well. I am using this local company on DSL light-speed for the moment (54.0mbps) and once in winter I will go back to high-speed(100.0mbps)
        Best regards,
        Jeremy

www.cornwall4rent.com

Comment

Originally posted by bill2006
          Broadband bundle internet-tv-phone. 14.14Mbps. For another $10/month could go to 30Mbps. haven't yet seen need.
          Not a big fan of AOL.
          14.14mbps, thats what you call fast. How much does that cost?

I can only recieve 5.5, thats if i had big pockets.

Oh go on, tell me the negative of aol?

Comment

Originally posted by natter

There are a lot of various discussions about AOL and their "agenda" in the Reviews, Google, and Internet Marketing Forums.....stroll around and discover what all is in this Community, Nat!
            You will be surprised what you can learn on your own.

You asked for others to share their internet connections and features, as if to make some comparison, correct? Why then do you criticize the information submitted? Determine your needs first, and then evaluate what others are doing to see if the costs in your area can be feasible to implement (not all of us are in your part of the world!).
            . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
            * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Originally posted by natter

Suffice to say that arrogance lost them 1.8 million customers in 2000. They launched AOL 5.0 with a bug that destroyed, froze and locked up computers. Their position was "not us and tough luck." They were recently sued again over strong arm tactics to keep customers. Why pay for something that you can get elsewhere with less hassle, controls and sometimes for free.
              Bill
              www.blueearthtea.com
              www.ftaaconsulting.com
              www.iaval.com
              www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

Ive been using AOL for about 3yrs now..and Ive not seen anything that I could say positive. Its very tempermental.
                Before AOL I was using Verizon dsl and found no problems there, although others had complained..

Comment

I've had AOL for 6yrs never had any problems with it until recently ...but I think it was more my old pc than anything else , now ive got a new pc its fine but I changed from dialup to dsl ..so went with my phone company ..Homecall ..for £6.50 per month .....also gave AOL a call cos I wanted to keep that to and so now I pay only £3.00 per month for AOL.
                  Click the link below for page guidelines (no more sideways scroll)

http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/sho...eferrerid=5490

How to Center your page
                  http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/blu...tml#post124746

Comment

I only really enjoyed the internet when I got rid of AOL.
                    But, I did get calls from them for about three months
                    trying to get me to go back. I discovered that cable
                    was the way to go! Love it.

Mediacom user.
                    Brad Arnold.......
                    www.baldwincomusic.com
                    www.Northbaldwinhamradio.org

ClickheretoBlastyoursitetomany
                    !Free Search Engine Submission!
                    Talking Avatar for your web site!
                    Free sound editor
                    Voda Host Tutorials

Comment

actuley my connection is very difren its like 3kb in the afternoon and like 20 mb/s in the eavning that is so strang like it sleaps in the moening and wak up in the eavning

Comment

Working...
                      X