Blog Theme

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blog Theme

OK, this is driving me crazy. My blog tells me that the theme I selected is "uploaded but incomplete," and that the "stylesheet is missing."
    What does this mean, and what step have I missed? I have watched the tutorial over and over, but can't figure out what has gone wrong.

Re: Blog Theme

Try uploading it again! I got it in the end!
    Trish
    www.Limebrook.com
    www.MountainWalk.co.uk
    www.MyBeardedDragons.co.uk
    www.TucsonForBeginners.com
    www.Pets4kids.info

Comment

I can't seem to get it to upload in the approved fashion. After clicking on the theme I want on the right, then trying to transfer to the left, the 'upload' window doesn't open.

Comment

Go into your blueFTP.
        Connect.
        look for your wordpress
        find the template that you have downloaded
        make sure that all files are there.
        sometimes when you load a new theme, some files can be missing.
        Do you have the downloaded file on your computer?
        I like to have my theme files in my bluevoda file for easy access.. then I can more easily check each and every file to make sure they are all there...
        let me know what I can do to help.

Comment

I'm sorry, but I am just totally lost. I've never tried to construct anything like this before, have never used FTP. So I don't know exactly what you are referring to when you say "look for wordpress."
          I am not sure I am even doing the right things at all. My compu-comprehension is about zero, and everyone else seems like profesionals.
          Pretend that I am a child who knows absolutely nothing, and start from there. I don't think I'll get FTP otherwise. I seems extremely complicated to me.
          I appreciate your help and interest, even though I am not a very apt pupil.

Alan

Comment

In BlueVoda - click tools - there you will see FTP manager.
            BlueFTP will then come up.
            Select connect.
            There add your username and password
            make sure that your server IP is the same as logging into your control panel...
            Are you with me?

Comment

Dont worry if I loose ya again..I can always grab ya back up!...just ask questions that way I can know where you are...ok?
              Do you have messenger?

Comment

Up to this point, I am OK. After that, things start getting sticky for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Manfred
                  Up to this point, I am OK. After that, things start getting sticky for me.
                  What is a messenger?

Comment

instant messenger like msn or yahoo types....
                    It would be easier to follow doing that instead of posting and waiting..etc.
                    What templates do you have?
                    and if you downloaded them..where are the files you downloaded?

Comment

Originally posted by kassi59
                      instant messenger like msn or yahoo types....
                      It would be easier to follow doing that instead of posting and waiting..etc.
                      What templates do you have?
                      and if you downloaded them..where are the files you downloaded?
                      And I have been doing it the hard way all along.. I wish I had someone like Kassi to suggest easier ways.

Comment

Originally posted by ez-ez
                        And I have been doing it the hard way all along.. I wish I had someone like Kassi to suggest easier ways.
                        lol...just ask me!...

Comment

Originally posted by kassi59
                          lol...just ask me!...
                          Too late now.. I've already sat and waited to email and stuff.. silly me, never thought that I could use meesenger.. but then again, others may not have wanted to give me their meesenger contact nayways.

Comment

Better late than never!...

Comment

Ok. Alan, we seem to be hitting and missing one another so Ive written up a guide for you to follow. If Im not as clear as I feel I am then feel free to let me know and we can go from there.
                              I did a bit of investigation and found out that september 6th the wordpress server was buggy - you can read about it HERE
                              So that may have been your problem. If not try this:

add your template to your bluevoda file
                              open blueftp
                              connect
                              on the left scroll down until you find the file 'wordpress'
                              double click wordpress
                              double wp_content
                              double click template
                              highlight new template on right
                              at the top of Blueftp click move to
                              tick include subdirectories
                              click ok
                              your new template will then copy to your ftp
                              after file has finished copying to the right side
                              double click both folders on right and on left to open the files
                              You should see the exact same thing on both sides.
                              if not...again highlight the missing file on left and copy to the right.
                              you should see other folders within.
                              double click those on both sides and check to see if all files have copied.
                              continue thru each folder until you are sure all files and subdirectories are in fact copied over to ftp area...
                              if all are the same on both sides your new template should show up on your wordpress blog.

Comment

Working...
                              X