Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Complete Beginner!

Hi

We've looked at the vodahost site and are very encouraged by it and especially the forum but we really do need webdesign for dummies as we're not techie people. We're hoping to set up a website to advertise our holiday home in the south of France. Can anyone who's been through the same learning curve give us any tips, potholes to avoid, etc? Can you point us to some pages that were made by other virgin web designers? Grateful for any response ...

Frances

Your best bet is to take it one step at a time. Please start by clicking the
    below link to read a article I wrote that will set you on the correct path.

http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/showthread.php?t=665

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Have alook here at sites made with BV

Are you ready to show your website to the world? Are your hyperlinks working?, Do you have any spelling mistakes or grammatical errors? How does it look? How can it be improved? Have your website reviewed and critiqued by other VodaHost Community Forum Members. DO NOT BE SHY!!! We want to see it , we are here to help each other. This is your testing ground.

Introduce yourself. Open Discussions, Tell a Joke, Gossip, Chit Chat about anything. (Almost Anything:) No Web Hosting or BlueVoda talk permitted in this forum. We have plenty of other forums for that purpose. Most importantly, HAVE FUN!

and view the training video which can be found at

Web hosting tutorial about how to create and publish an amazing an website using our various tools. From VodaHost web hosting.

we are one big happy family here, any question just ask!!

Vh is the best you will find on the internet!
      www.bluevodaexchangelink.com
      BluevodaExchangeLink Help Center
      Bluevodaexchangelink Forum

The only place for bluevoda site to be linked with!

Comment

This Is The Place!

You are at THE best hosting, site builder, support by vodahost and the community here. Don't be afraid, dig in and learn as you go. You'll get all the help you need. I bought books on html etc. I found vodahost and bv and trashed the books!
        Have fun!
        Vinny
        www.assetravel.com

Comment

If I build a site with vodahost how do I get it on the web? Does vodahost also sell webh space? How do I get the costing for it? Guess you can tell I am really new at this. But wer have just started a small business and are in need of a web page with shopping options on it. Oh also are their pop ups on this web page if I go with vodahost?

Comment

Vodahost offers both a website builder and webspace for the website you build.

No pop-ups or ads are on the website.

Order at:

http://www.vodahost.com/order.htm

The package comes with everything you need, its perfect for running a small business or even big business website.
            ::Steven.H::

Comment

Thanks. I do have another question. I have been looking at the to purchase templates, and I noticed that you need front page or photoshop 7.0. Duh!!! why would I need them? Can I not just use the template on vodahost and adjust it to my needs?

Like I said I am really a beginner. LOL

Originally posted by Steven.H
              Vodahost offers both a website builder and webspace for the website you build.

No pop-ups or ads are on the website.

Order at:

http://www.vodahost.com/order.htm

The package comes with everything you need, its perfect for running a small business or even big business website.

Comment

You need photoshop or another program in order to edit the layout.

If there are no words/logos then you might not need to edit the layout, you could simply overlap the text onto the background.

Give me a link to the template you are thinking about purchasing and I will help you decide whether you will need to edit it.

Comment

Just looking actually and wondered what it ment. I do have photoshop 7.0 but new to that also so really learning everything it seems at once. LOL I have been looking at the photography templates as they have some really great ones that would really look professional for a beginner like me. Guess you can tell when I go for something I go all the way. LOL

But I am seriously thinking of using the vodahost. I do have another person that wants to use Web easy but I find they do not have the choices I would have here.

I will keep in touch when I start this project though.

Comment

If you need any help just email me, I have been studying photoshop for many years.

Good luck with your website!

Comment

I will be signing with voda host today so look forward to lots of conversation with me. LOL I do have one question though, I know I do get a domain name with my registration for a year, does that extend as I pay my annual monies for the site? Also can I add another domain name which I already own at a later date if I choose?

Comment

Signed up

Ok I have signed up now what do I do? How long before I will be able to put my temp page on the web? How long beofre they let me know my domain is up and running?

Comment

Originally posted by cajun_spice98
                          Ok I have signed up now what do I do? How long before I will be able to put my temp page on the web? How long beofre they let me know my domain is up and running?
                          Your account will be set up within 24 hours.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

This will be great. I am really looking forwsrd to this experience of building a web page for our little business. Hope you have staff on line 24 - 7 as I am sure I will need lots of help. LOL I am a reaL BEGINNER!!

Comment

have fun!

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Working...
                              X