I've given it my best shot...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've given it my best shot...

The website www.sidrheuban.com that I've created to disply my husband's art is up and running. I'd appreciate any comments and any improvements I should make. Thanks, Elaine
    Elaine K Keeler

Re: I've given it my best shot...

Congratulations ! Your husband should be very proud (you too) of what you have done.
    The colors are subdued and higlight his artwork.

Just one tiny thing: these pages http://www.sidrheuban.com/resume.html and http://www.sidrheuban.com/gallery3.html are not centered. Might want to check the others.

Very nice work,
    Bill
    www.blueearthtea.com
    www.ftaaconsulting.com
    www.iaval.com
    www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

Thanks, Bill, I fixed those and found a few more. Hope I've got them all now!
      Elaine K Keeler

Comment

You made the galleries open in separate windows - and I won't do that within a single website, therefore didn't get to them. They actually caused my pop-up blocker to stop them. I suggest any pages within your own website not go into a new window and have the navigation to get back.
        Beth
        A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
        SEO - The Basics

Comment

Hey mate! Bethers is pretty much right. I think that you should add some information like when it was made and what it's suppose to represent. But great site!

Comment

OK, thanks Beth and Ryan, I understand what you mean about the galleries. I used the gallery function in BV and that seems to be the only way it works. I'll try one of those other gallery programs suggested by other users and see if I can accomplish both of your suggestions.
            Elaine K Keeler

Comment

Originally posted by ekeeler
              OK, thanks Beth and Ryan, I understand what you mean about the galleries. I used the gallery function in BV and that seems to be the only way it works. I'll try one of those other gallery programs suggested by other users and see if I can accomplish both of your suggestions.
              Elaine, you can do what Bethers suggested in the BlueVoda Gallery feature. Goto your gallery properties and highlight each picture, down below you will see a box titled 'Target'. You can set this to 'open in the same browser window'.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
              1-302-283-3777 North America / International
              02036089024 / United Kingdom
              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thanks Amanda, I overlooked that option. Now do you know any way to get a "Back" button or text to appear on that page?
                Elaine
                Elaine K Keeler

Comment

In Sid's Biography it says "Double Click To Edit" across his picture.
                  ID: 11830
                  www.steadyracing.net

Forum Menace!

Comment

Hi Elaine,

The site looks really good. A couple things to fix...

You have a link on the homepage: "Paintings on Plexiglass" and that link works fine on the front, but when I went to the "Paintings on Canvas" page, that "...Plexiglass" link doesn't work.

The same goes for the "Recent Shows", "Gallery 6", "Sid's Resume" and "Artists Statement" pages... The "Paintings on Canvas" link doesn't work on the "Artist's Statement" page either. It takes you to the "/paintings_plexiglas.html".

I've done this a lot when keeping the same links on multiple pages and forgetting to "fix" them if I changed something. So you just have to go fix those links and republish those pages. Just be sure to double check all the links on every page after you publish them, and you should be fine.

Besides those few technical things, great job overall. I love the artwork. :)
                    George
                    www.virtuosocreative.com

Comment

Thanks to BLK and Hester for finding the latest errors. I believe they're all fixed. Just to let you know my husband is now 81 years old and started painting at 66.
                      Elaine K Keeler

Comment

my hat is off to both of you - great work - all the links i tried worked, everything looked centered etc. again great work from both of you
                        Ann
                        www.MovingOn1.com - My Travel
                        www.BeadedCustomDesigns.com - Jewelry
                        www.FantasyManorArtStudio.com - Leather Art

Comment

Wonderful site and great work...and if you would like to try JALBUM to help with your site, let me know and I'll be happy to help. There is a new skin (album design) specifically created to showoff art work that was recently added to JALBUM.

Really nice what you have done and I enjoyed viewing your husbands art.
                          Beezz
                          sigpic

http://www.bzzybeezwordz.blogspot.com

Comment

Thanks SGQUB, I have downloaded JALBUM but I'm really not sure how to incorporate it into my website. What I would like to do is use thumbnails to select the work to view and then show the larger image with more information about the painting. Each painting has some history that makes it even more interesting. Would JALBUM helpme to do this? Also, I have no idea how to write scripts.
                            Elaine K Keeler

Comment

Like your site, like the artwork, and I like the way that you have built in my contact page......well done to you both.

have fun
                              Have fun
                              Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
                              Newbies / Beginners Forum
                              FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
                              My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
                              Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

Working...
                              X