Navigation Bars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Navigation Bars

I have created a couple of pages so far. On my first page I have my navigation bars. When you click navigation and place on page it automatically comes up with 4 bars. I went ahead and placed on the page and changed the look and gave titles.

When you right click for properties you are supposed to give each navigation bar a URL address I suppose. How do you link each navigation bar with a new page?

For instance, I have a navigation bar entitled mission statement. I want to link to page 2 which has all of the information about our mission statement and experience.

How do I do that?

Cinkay48

You have to link it to the full page URL. For example:

If the page you want to link to has been saved as page2.bvp then when you're linking in the properties you would put it as: http://www.yoursite.com/page2.html
    Please note that you will only be able to see this as functional when you upload your pages.

Hope this helps!
    Ruth

http://www.okose.com
    Professional Web design/development and Graphic Design

Comment

navigation bars

Originally posted by rdarko
      You have to link it to the full page URL. For example:

If the page you want to link to has been saved as page2.bvp then when you're linking in the properties you would put it as: http://www.yoursite.com/page2.html
      Please note that you will only be able to see this as functional when you upload your pages.

Hope this helps!

It makes more sense now. Thanks.

Comment

Re: Navigation Bars

I still don't get it. so you have a navigation bar and you put in the URL for each button and then....how do you link a webpage to those buttons? I didn't get it how you explained it..Can you explain it more please?

Comment

What you don't understand is that links to your pages will only work AFTER you have them published, not before
          Navaldesign
          Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

hi, my page is not yet published, and i cannot figure out hyperlinks. i added a navigation bar and set one of the buttons to www.domain.com/example.html (I'm just experimenting:)) i have a page called example.html but when i preview my site, it doesn't work.
            CAN SOMEONE HELP:(:(:( thanks

Comment

Try reading the post directly ABOVE your's.
              My NASCAR Forum

Comment

Originally posted by navaldesign
                What you don't understand is that links to your pages will only work AFTER you have them published, not before
                can you put this somewhere in one of your tutorials or in big letters in related forums or make it a sticky or make it into an audio file that plays continuously from all BV web pages?

wasted hours cuz i didn't know this

Comment

Read these lines
                  Fast Fact
                  You can not test the menu bars unless you have a live active domain name.

at the bottom of hyperlink tutorial: http://www.vodahost.com/DemoDemo/bvt4/08.htm
                  Navaldesign
                  Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
                  Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                  DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                  Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
                  X