Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clarifying Word press install process

Hello from Phil.C

Could someone please clarify the following for me about installing wordPress for golftrainingcentral.

1. Should my directory name be the same as the link I am going to have from my website to the golf blog ie: golftrainingcentral.com/golfblog or is it just a name that I give the directory ie:Golf Blog???

2. Admin Access Data: Do I create a new username and password or is this a password I have already been assigned by V/H???

3. Base configuration: Can I choose from any e-mail a/c I have created and do I use any old nickname????

4. E-mail A/C Config: Do I configure the e-mail a/c I used and entered into the base configuration section or is this a differant e-mail address all together.

I would prefer to get these things correct the first time rather than making a heap of mistakes and creating a heap of threads to correct them!!!!

Thanks
    Phil Cartledge (Aussie Phil)

Discover A Simple Approach To Online Business That Locks In Your Success.

Re: Clarifying Word press install process

Your wordpress blog is a seperate entity from your website.

You can name the directory what you want it to be. I named mine wordpress. and used my same username and password, just easier for me.

You can choose any username and password of your choosing.

For an email I use my feedback@XXXXXX.com that goes thru my website. An email account I had created thru my control panel. You can create a seperate email for your blog alone. ie, golfblog@golftrainingcentral.com for an example. You will do that within your control panel.

After creating your blog you can then link it to your published website.

Hope this helps!...

Comment

Thanks Kate

I managed to get the blog up and running thanks to your assistance.

Now I've got a blog I'm not sure quite what to do with it. I want to try and link it somehow to my Newsletter. ie If I post a new article where in Wordpress can I send out that post to my subscribers in the form of a newsletter. I want to use the blog as a Newsletter Archive as well.

Or do I just send out a Newsletter via e-mail and simply make a link to my Blog??? Not really quite sure what the purpose of my blog should be???

By the way I like the look of your Blogs.

Thanks for the help

Comment

Glad that it helped!
        As far as newsletter again thats a choice for you to make.
        Here are a couple plugins that may help.
        MAILLING LIST
        Description: This plugin sends newsletter to the mailing-list when a number of new posts chosen is added or edited. It also adds a write page to send emails with attach file to the mailing-list or the blog users.
        You can manage the list, change the newsletter template, enable or disable the newsletter and choose the sending format. You can store several user informations in the database like adress or phone number.
        Visitors can subscribe, unsubscribe, enable or disable the newsletter.

And heres some other plugins that may be of interest.
        PLUGINS/SYNDICATION

Click the download. I add the file to my bluevoda file.
        connect to your Blueftp.
        double click on wordpress.
        double click on wp_content
        double click on plugins.
        On the left side of blueftp highlight plugin file.
        at the top of ftp click move to. tick include subdirectories.
        click ok...and it will copy.
        After it copies then you need to double check it.
        double click on newly uploaded file. on left.
        then double click on the same file on the right.
        If they arent the same you need to continue until you have all the files that are seen on the right - over to the left.
        with some file on the left that also have subfiles, they dont copy well. Ive had to create the file on the right and copy the files within.
        keep working either side/file by file/until you have all of them loaded into ftp.
        Now your plugin should be there at your blog.
        So when you go to your blog you will click plugins and you should see that there.....hehe hopefully.
        If not you need to go back to your blueftp and double check the files again.
        Thank you for your remarks on my blogs. Im not sure as there are many different reasons of the benifit of having one, but I just do it because I enjoy it...hehe...
        Hopefull I explained that ok...lol...as it can be a bit confusing, once youve done it a couple times you can fly thru it fairly easily...hehe..

Comment

Thanks Kate

That is exactly what I was looking for. Your instructions are very good

Thanks again

Comment

Your welcome Phil. I try to be as exact as possible as when I was told to 'make sure' all files were there. I honestly didnt know what that entailed! So I had to figure it out myself.
            happy golfing!

Comment

Working...
            X