Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Business and Services Directory

Greetings to my BV family!

I have been working on a large project and that is why I have been fairly absent from visits to the forum (causing terrible withdrawl symptoms) . I would appreciate a look at my new site.

Background:
    My goal was to provide an affordable venue for the small "mom and pop" shops in our area to list and advertise their store or services. Additionally, to provide a service to local residents- a qucik and easy directory of local businesses, services and frequently sought phone numbers.

Listing is free in the directory. However, we offer a single web-page with up to 4 pictures and about 500 words to showcase their business / service. Additionally- they can purchase ad space.

I have not gone live (per se) yet- but have had a tremendously positive response from some of the local merchants that I have shown. Additionally, the City manager liked it as well and has agreed to post a link from the City's web page to mine.

So - let me know what you think of the Idea and the content. Keep in mind that I am 90 percent done. The guts of the site are up and complete. Now all I have to do is ad listings (which I do every day). So if you happen to click a link that goes no where- it is in progess.

Thanks in advance for your input!!

http://www.123GPP.com

Andy
    PHP- is a blast!

Re: Business and Services Directory

Hello, andy
    Looks nice and the idea is great
    good luck with it.

Comment

Hello, my friend!

It's no wonder you've been quiet around these parts!

I've just had a whizz through your site and I think you've done an excellent job! Everything seems to work perfectly, it's easy to navigate and friendly to use. It's simple yet effective and easy on the eye. I am not at all surprised at the response you have received, I think it's an excellent idea and that it will do very well for you. Good work, Keith! I wish you all the luck in the world with it.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Nice job Andy,
        Good luck with your new project.
        Bill
        www.blueearthtea.com
        www.ftaaconsulting.com
        www.iaval.com
        www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

Great Idea, Great Job!
          This is a fine example of your sincere character (especially for those who have not experienced you personally) and your expertise in web building.
          Again, you have raised the bar.
          . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
          * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

OK... The homepage is a bit crowded, but I like it. A lot of hard work put into your site. I like it. But I still think you could maybe really htink about what it's supposed to be about and maybe put a page like 'Past News' or 'Old News' or somthing in that nature. That's my opinion. Good luck!

Comment

Narobe, Amanda, Bill and Vasili,
              Thanks for the review and kind words. Yes it has been quite the project. Before it is all said and done, I anticipate about 300 pages. Thanks again to you all for your continued help and support.

Ryan-
              Thanks for looking over the site. I had thought about having a community news section on the site but decided not to as it would be very time consuming. Working two jobs and having three teenagers- time is in very short supply. Maybe in the future sometime. Thanks again!

Andy
              PHP- is a blast!

Comment

It didn't open up for me. You might be working on it...I guess..
                Mike
                www.suzannemichaelcatering.com

Comment

Working...
                X