Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Started in BV but should use Soho

Hi there,

First let me say that I am incredibly impressed by BV and what it can do. I have only dabbled on Frontpage before so being a "newbie" on your site and using your tutorials and forums has not overwhelmed me as I thought it would.

I have started building my website using BV however have realised, after just taking a tour of Soho, that Soho actually fits my needs better.

I understand from another thread that BV and Soho use different languages but can you tell me if it is possible to import what I have already done in BV into Soho? I am trying to get this website built asap and having to relearn and start again will put me back in time quite significantly.

Your advice asap would be appreciated

Thanks
    Carol

Re: Started in BV but should use Soho

No problem....

1. Using BlueFTP in Blue Voda, make a connection to your account.

If you wish to use Soho as your default "website" with a BV 'front-end' then goto #2:
    2. On the right hand side of the FTP tool, you will see your account setup, and you should create a New Folder (using FTP), naming it soho, or cart, or whatever you desire;
    3. Install Soho via Fantastico! into this "directory" you have created, which you will clearly see how to do during the installation process in your VH cPanel.

If you wish to NOT have a BV 'front-end', then merely install Soho via your VH cPanel > Fantastico! straight into your public_html directory....this will overwrite your previously Published BV pages (wiping them out), as the Soho index page will supercede your BV site.
    (Since you will always have your previously designed and Saved BV pages in your Main BV folder on your computer, you can always re-publish them at a later date, if desired. You will only need to duplicate the creation of a new Directory -above- and move all Soho's pages into it before publishing your BV pages.)

If you have any problems, email me and I will try to sort it out for you.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
    X