Site additions...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Site additions...

Okay - I've added a new feature on my site where I'll be putting up random wallpapers and ones that I will eventually make (of my own and not "borrowed") and put up. These that are here are just some ones that I like. The star wars ones I made myself from movie screenshots I did on my comp. I plan to do lots more and make some collages, but that'll wait until I have time. :)

Go here for the media page and click on the "Wallpaper" tab in the middle. There's only ONE page of walls so far, but the buttons are still there. (I hope the positioning is ok).

I just wanted to post it because I JUST did this last night and haven't really been crazy about going through every single pic to be sure it works. I'm sure they all do, but people here always find the little things. :) (thanks)

So, my next project will involve updating the picture pages (which I need to improve) and adding the audio section, but that'll probably not happen until later this fall. I want to add some recordings of me playin' my horn. I just have to practice and get good enough to make those recordings. ;)

Anyway, I know there's probably some people here that might be interested in some of the wallpapers I will add to my site. Just know that these here were not made by me (except the SW ones) and I plan to take a lot of my pictures from my trips and places I've been and put together some pretty darn good desktop pictures. So feel free to come back and check for updates as I will be adding about 30-35 per week as I go through all the pictures I want to use and create those wallpapers.

I'm one of those people who's a little obsessed with changing my desktop often. So, I kinda got into the swing of just creating them on my own. Just need a little Photoshop to help me along the way and I'm all set. Plus I thought it would be fun to make some of my own personal designs. (to come later). :)
    George
    www.virtuosocreative.com

Re: Site additions...

Mr. Hester!

It's always nice to see what you've been up to. (It's obvious you took the Green Pill! LOL)

Great, as usual.

And on you go.....
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Originally posted by Vasili
      Mr. Hester!

It's always nice to see what you've been up to. (It's obvious you took the Green Pill! LOL)

Great, as usual.

And on you go.....
      :) haha... yeah, I actually hadn't been back here in almost a month or two, mostly because of vacation and work. I teach during the school year so when July hit, I was outta here and basically didn't go on the net for about... a month, if you can believe that. :)

I'm all about adding and fixing up the multimedia on the site. I'm hoping to get some feedback on the layouts and whether the pulldown boxes work for everyone, etc. I just kinda did that on a "guess" it would be better than listing ALL the links under the pics. (was going for a "cleaner" look). ??

Anyway, thanks for the comments! always appreciated. :)
      George
      www.virtuosocreative.com

Comment

I like them. Just for the fyi.. the Next button goes no where.. i was hoping for more pics :) I like it, clean and nice wallpapers. You wouldn't have one from the arena with all those lightsabers going? hehe..

I will be checking this site more and more.
        Stratis
        Thanks,
        Stratis

www.holleyjohnson.net
        mailto: stratis.constas@holleyjohnson.net

Comment

Originally posted by econstas
          I like them. Just for the fyi.. the Next button goes no where.. i was hoping for more pics :) I like it, clean and nice wallpapers. You wouldn't have one from the arena with all those lightsabers going? hehe..

I will be checking this site more and more.
          Stratis
          :)

yeah... just one page for now. I only did that so I could come see what some people thought... you know the drill. Then I was gonna go ahead and tweak if needed, and add more this weekend... about 5 or 6 more pages to start. :)

Plus, I wasn't sure if people were going to ask for/suggest more resolution sizes. I know there are about 5 or 6 more resolutions I've seen that I didn't include here. Because this is for YOU guys... I got all these pictures and wanna share. :) so, if there's a resolution I don't have that you need, go ahead and let me know. :) (that goes for anyone reading).

Oh yeah, you can bet there'll be many more star wars pics. I'm not a HUGE dork, but I love the movies. There really aren't many other movies that are as "visual" as star wars. I love it.
          George
          www.virtuosocreative.com

Comment

George, as always your creativity impresses.
            Good job !!
            Bill
            www.blueearthtea.com
            www.ftaaconsulting.com
            www.iaval.com
            www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

Hello,
              your design work is very good, you have so many good things to see on your page didn't now where to start, your page /walls_s2.html doesn't work.

Comment

Your site is tooooooo cool, really liked the whole thing, design, layout etc. I am going back to have another look. Good stuff!

Comment

Originally posted by narobe
                  Hello,
                  your design work is very good, you have so many good things to see on your page didn't now where to start, your page /walls_s2.html doesn't work.
                  Hey thanks... yeah, I mentioned this in a previous post, but I only did 1 single page per wallpaper type, just because I wanted to get some feedback first before I went ahead and added the rest of the pics. It woulda just been a hassle had I gone ahead and published all the pages and then had to change them all. you know. :)
                  George
                  www.virtuosocreative.com

Comment

Great site, really couldn't fault it.

How did you create the scrolling box on the right? The one with the 'Website News' ?

also

How did you make your forum appear within your sites template?

Keep up the good work.
                    Ash Whitehair

Comment

Originally posted by ash.whitehair
                      Great site, really couldn't fault it.

How did you create the scrolling box on the right? The one with the 'Website News' ?
                      Okay... the scroll boxes I used are on BV and are called "Inline Frames" ... some people refer to them as iframes.

It's in the BV window with the HTML, Script, Java, etc.

All I did was create that window in the space I wanted it and I went ahead and set the window size to something like 500px. Then I created a separate html page: (news.html) that was only 500px wide and wrote the text there.

After publishing the news.html page, I then went to the home page and double-click the iframe and put the URL pointing to the "Website News" page I created: http://www...../news.html, and that's it!

I hope that makes sense. I am not that good at explaining things sometimes. :)

How did you make your forum appear within your sites template?
                      This one was pretty tricky at first because I think there's an extra step I had to take in there, but it is the exact same thing I did with my "Website News" on the front page... (but I can't remember). I just created an iframe and set the URL to direct link to my forum page (.../forum.html). You probably didn't notice, but I did the same with my guestbook and some picture pages.

Whatever the case, you can do this with ANY site. If you have an inline frame and put a URL to a site with html, you should be good to go.

If you're not sure, try it out for fun and you'll see. I found it VERY useful for my site and everyone seems to dig it. I messed with a lot of different ideas before I published my site and thankfully this feature came in handy several times for me. :)

Thanks for the compliments.
                      George
                      www.virtuosocreative.com

Comment

Hey George

I Love your site!!!!

Very user friendly and the use of neutral colours is great.

I have'nt seen a Forum outside Blue Voda like yours yet, but now I'm really considering placing one on my site now.

I'm bet your an extremely talented musician but your also an extremely talented web designer!!!

Good work
                        Phil Cartledge (Aussie Phil)

Discover A Simple Approach To Online Business That Locks In Your Success.

Comment

Hello, everyone...Im new here

Comment

Hey Caisen

Welcome to Vodaland

Look forward to seeing your site.

Phil.C from Oz
                            Phil Cartledge (Aussie Phil)

Discover A Simple Approach To Online Business That Locks In Your Success.

Comment

If you are looking at visual movies...hmm.. Whenever I am looking at wallpapers, I usually only see small/med/large So, 3 versions maybe just enough. You can go for more resolutions if you really want too, but I think it would be more for your benefit.. :)

good job!
                              Stratis
                              Thanks,
                              Stratis

www.holleyjohnson.net
                              mailto: stratis.constas@holleyjohnson.net

Comment

Working...
                              X