Mac users, help. Encoding video???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mac users, help. Encoding video???

Okay... well, I know a lot about computers, files, file names and how to do a lot with what I got. But I'm on a PC and I need some help to find ways to make parts of my site work for all the Mac users out there.

I know that most software now a days is "cross-platform" and compatable no matter which system you're on, but I need help with encoding videos.

With my line of work, I am setting up these video "samples" of my designs. I started this by making animated .gif files that I put together, but that was SO hard and time consuming that I gave up.

I downloaded the Windows Media Encoder (which was free) and went ahead and captured the screen on my comp of the animation. This process was REALLY easy and fast, and the file sizes are MEGAbytes less than the .gif's.

Here's a link to one of the samples: Yo! (it's a .wma file, so if you are on a mac and can't see it, then that's why I'm here).

Anyway, I need to know what I have to do to make these vids viewable for Mac users that don't use Windows Media Player... that, OR, is there another way I can simply "capture" the animation with some other software to make it work with the Mac OS?

These "animations" are coming directly from my design software and are not originally videos. It's a java based software and there's no feature that allows me to save it as a video.

(there might be something I can do to create a "java" file/video, but I don't know anything about that).

I'm really not very knowledgable about ANYTHING related to Mac computers, so I'm hoping to find something that'll allow everyone to be able to view these animations without having to spend a lot of cash on software. (if that's even necessary).

Thanks!
    George
    www.virtuosocreative.com

Re: Mac users, help. Encoding video???

*bump!*

I guess it might be a lost cause... or I put this in the wrong section of the forums?

Anyway, I'm just looking for some advice from Mac users on how one might go about encoding media that is compatable for the Mac OS.

Thanks. :)
    George
    www.virtuosocreative.com

Comment

Working...
    X