Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please Help...Publishing problem

Hello,

New here and first post. I recently created a webpage via the BVP builder. I have published all the pages, but only my home page appears (I saved it as index). When you try to use the navigation bar to access other pages on the site I get an HTP 404 "Page not found' message. Also, in the BV builder, I decided to verify the links for my navigation bar. Only the "home" link is validated, the rest of the navigation links say "URL not found" I am not very computer savvy so I need some help please. I tried to tough it out by reading other post's with similar problems and using the tutorials, but I'm not having any success.

My domain is http://www.zwingernostrebor.com

any help is greatly appreciated.

Re: Please Help...Publishing problem

Originally posted by schutzhundsvgsd
    Hello,

New here and first post. I recently created a webpage via the BVP builder. I have published all the pages, but only my home page appears (I saved it as index). When you try to use the navigation bar to access other pages on the site I get an HTP 404 "Page not found' message. Also, in the BV builder, I decided to verify the links for my navigation bar. Only the "home" link is validated, the rest of the navigation links say "URL not found" I am not very computer savvy so I need some help please. I tried to tough it out by reading other post's with similar problems and using the tutorials, but I'm not having any success.

Hello!

This problem is, more than likely, going to be caused my either spelling errors or the use of lower case instead of capitals or vice-versa. I did notice that one of your links was missing a "/" in the URL too. It's just a matter of going over them with a fine tooth comb and checking each character, one by one, to ensure that your links match the name of your published pages.

One way to ensure you get them right is to open your Control Panel in your browser >navigate to public_html and click on each page name, one at a time. You will then see a File url on the right hand side of the CP screen. You can right click and copy this shortcut then paste it into the BV page. This will ensure that your links are perfect.

Click on the thumbnail below for a little more info.
    Attached Files

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Hi Girlonthehill,

Thank you for your help...I went through and saw that some of my links weren't correct, I fixed the spelling (one time I had hmtl, another I was missing the /. The only problem is, I am still getting the htp 404 "url not found" I know I am not doing something right, but I'm wracking my brain here and I just cant figure it out. I have gone so far as to delete and republish, still no success. Also, my home page (named index) I goofed on and when I try to republish, I see that it is the same page that I tried to change. I'm terrible at this and I hate to admit it, but I'm about to give up. I've spent the better part of the last few days trying to get this site up and no luck.

If you have any other advice, I will definitely try it :)

thanks!

Comment

Hi Girlonthehill,

Thank you for your help...I went through and saw that some of my links weren't correct, I fixed the spelling (one time I had hmtl, another I was missing the /. The only problem is, I am still getting the htp 404 "url not found" I know I am not doing something right, but I'm wracking my brain here and I just cant figure it out. I have gone so far as to delete and republish, still no success. Also, my home page (named index) I goofed on and when I try to republish, I see that it is the same page that I tried to change. I'm terrible at this and I hate to admit it, but I'm about to give up. I've spent the better part of the last few days trying to get this site up and no luck.

If you have any other advice, I will definitely try it :)

thanks!
        Okay, DO NOT GIVE UP!! We will get this sorted. You have come too far to throw in the towel at this stage, okay?

The next thing to check is where are you publishing to? When you go to your control panel can you see all of the pages you have published?

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Hi again (and thanks for your help)

when I go to my control panel and login, I can see my pages that I've published in the file manager under public_html. I hope that's what you mean.

Comment

Hi again (and thanks for your help)

when I go to my control panel and login, I can see my pages that I've published in the file manager under public_html. I hope that's what you mean.
            Yup, that's what I meant. This is a toughy. You are 100% certain that the page names match, exactly - character for character, the links that you have attributed to your nav bar buttons? That includes capitals, lower case, "-" and "_" and full stops?

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Hi Amanda,

I know it's been awhile since we typed, but I had to leave town and am just getting back. When we last encountered each other, I said that I had checked my links etc and I believe they are correct. I am still having the same problem however. One quick question, is there a service provided by BV whereby they can access my pages and publish them for me for a fee? I have nearly gone gray and pulled the remaining hair out (jk)

thanks in advance!

Comment

hi again Amanda,

quickie question. Most likely this is an error somewhere on my part. Do you think I should send in a support ticket and have everything I've published deleted and just try to start over? And if I do this, will this remove everything from the domain name I've purchased whereby I can make new pages and publish them to my site?

I've been mulling this over and thought maybe I should just start over from scratch. Thanks again.

Comment

hello.
                  Please answer on this Q
                  How I can remove pages that I already publish?
                  Please answer me
                  Ilanit

Comment

Hi,
                    I am in exactly the same situation. I have already successfully set up one website. I now started my second. Created the add on domain, created the index page and some additional pages, saved and published them. However the pages showing up on the web are 'older' pages and not the latest. I deleted the pages that were showing up on the web from my folder but couldn't access my cpanel - logged on but it never actually opene dup into a window. Uploading - I have to try at least five times to upload. This never happened previously with my first website. - can you help me?
                    Esther

Comment

Originally posted by ilanit
                      hello.
                      Please answer on this Q
                      How I can remove pages that I already publish?
                      Please answer me
                      Ilanit
                      1) You have two ways to do this
                      a) Login to your file manager and go to your public_html and start deleting
                      b) Connect via FTP to your public_html and start deleting.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Originally posted by NIWIH
                        Hi,
                        I am in exactly the same situation. I have already successfully set up one website. I now started my second. Created the add on domain, created the index page and some additional pages, saved and published them. However the pages showing up on the web are 'older' pages and not the latest. I deleted the pages that were showing up on the web from my folder but couldn't access my cpanel - logged on but it never actually opene dup into a window. Uploading - I have to try at least five times to upload. This never happened previously with my first website. - can you help me?
                        Esther
                        If you can not see the new changes this means your browser is caching.
                        Click the below to learn what caching is.

http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/per...r-caching.html

This NOT a VodaHost issue, this a YOUR COMPUTER issue.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Hello,

Your problem is that you named some links with capital letters and named
                          the pages with small letters and visa versa..

for example...when I click on your Schutzhund button

it does not work becuase you save save the page with a capital S
                          and in your link you use a small s, Click the below with capital S and you
                          will see it works...

http://www.zwingernostrebor.com/Schutzhund.html

Please correct this, pelase click the belwo to learn how to name your pages
                          and create your links...That must match exactly...

http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/sav...-my-pages.html

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Originally posted by VodaHost
                            1) You have two ways to do this
                            a) Login to your file manager and go to your public_html and start deleting
                            b) Connect via FTP to your public_html and start deleting.
                            I tried that but the page has not deleted.
                            I also used window washer the page was not deleted.
                            I went to internet options/settings/check newer version every visit. The page was not deleted.
                            I just can't re-publish anything.

Comment

Originally posted by golfshirtsrus
                              I tried that but the page has not deleted.
                              I also used window washer the page was not deleted.
                              I went to internet options/settings/check newer version every visit. The page was not deleted.
                              I just can't re-publish anything.
                              www.golfshirtsrus.com
                              There is no need to delete the old page in order to see the updated version. Simply republishing will overwrite the old file.
                              If you can't see the new version, you are
                              1. Either publishing to the wrong folder
                              2. You are cacheing
                              3. You are not publishing at all the new version, due to connection problems.

But if you do get a "Successfully Published" message, then you are in cases 1 or 2.
                              Navaldesign
                              Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
                              Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                              DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                              Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
                              X